Hitzer or Alaska Stove

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
KC2LLW
Other Heating: wood stoves Moe all nighter, Vermont Castings

Post Mon. Jan. 13, 2014 3:54 pm

I think I would be happy if it heats 1500sqft of the second floor the rest of the second floor maybe a challange to get the heat to move to those far restricted areas that's why I thought maybe the 30-93?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Mon. Jan. 13, 2014 3:58 pm

There are a couple guys on here w/30-95's--hopefully they'll jump in--ME??? bigger is not always better, granted--but I'd rather have over as far as keeping my family warm then to find out I short changed myself in the middle of a real cold winter--my suggestion remains with the 50-93
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower

buffalo bob
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: anthracite nut

Post Mon. Jan. 13, 2014 5:25 pm

freetown fred wrote:There are a couple guys on here w/30-95's--hopefully they'll jump in--ME??? bigger is not always better, granted--but I'd rather have over as far as keeping my family warm then to find out I short changed myself in the middle of a real cold winter--my suggestion remains with the 50-93
ditto

Visit Hitzer Stoves

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Post Mon. Jan. 13, 2014 5:33 pm

buffalo bob wrote:hitzer...where else can u call the factory get good help, parts and talk directly to the boss...
DS Machine.

Have you considered a DS-1500 or DS-1600?
-Larry

Democracy rests upon the principle that collective wisdom arises from a pool of individual ignorance. A Republic rests squarely upon objective law, and fundamentally upon those laws which restrict the scope and actions of government.

KC2LLW
Other Heating: wood stoves Moe all nighter, Vermont Castings

Post Tue. Jan. 14, 2014 6:21 am

lsayre wrote:
buffalo bob wrote:hitzer...where else can u call the factory get good help, parts and talk directly to the boss...
DS Machine.

Have you considered a DS-1500 or DS-1600?
no but I will look into one, never heard of that brand stove.

chester
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove
Stove/Furnace Make: hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Fri. Jan. 17, 2014 10:35 am

KC I cant say enough about the 50-93,Iam heating almost 3000 sq ft with just this stove.It is in the basement, And all I have done was to place a fan at the base of my stairs (on the ceiling) and pull some of my ductwork out at the floor registers.I still want to see if I can hook up my furnace fan to timer or thermostat and insulate the one wall behind the stove,But I am extremely happy with the stove.I will own a hitzer as long as I live or Until obamas fema soldiers kick in my door and carry me off to the camps for burning coal. :rambo2: maybe hehehe!

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”