Merry Christmas From Cold Snowy Michigan

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
BPatrick
Baseburners & Antiques: 2 Crawford 40 Baseheaters
Coal Size/Type: Stove Coal
Other Heating: Herald Oak No. 18

Post Tue. Dec. 24, 2013 7:58 pm

I want to thank everyone on this site for being so helpful this past year. I've learned a lot because so many of you took the time out of your busy lives to help educate me on coal burning. I look forward to learning more this upcoming year. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 3-Locke Warm Morning #120, 1-Locke Warm Morning #524B
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner 1- Crawford #40 BB
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post Tue. Dec. 24, 2013 8:10 pm

back at ya bro, have a cozy nap.
" all of learning is the understanding of relationships" George Washington Carver

"the true measure of a man is the way he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good" Samuel Johnson

"if it was any simpler, it wouldn't work " unknown engineer

Photog200
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & 2 Geneva Oak Andes #517's
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Post Tue. Dec. 24, 2013 8:17 pm

BPatrick wrote:I want to thank everyone on this site for being so helpful this past year. I've learned a lot because so many of you took the time out of your busy lives to help educate me on coal burning. I look forward to learning more this upcoming year. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas!
Ditto! I hope everyone enjoys the joys of the season and make some wonderful new memories! Stay warm next to your favorite coal stove!
Randy

Visit Hitzer Stoves

BPatrick
Baseburners & Antiques: 2 Crawford 40 Baseheaters
Coal Size/Type: Stove Coal
Other Heating: Herald Oak No. 18

Post Tue. Dec. 24, 2013 8:44 pm

Nap...ha ha...almost fell asleep for the night. I have to get up and stuff some stockings and put some toys together. Just loaded stove coal in both stoves and they are really warm. I will be working right next to them tonight :D

DennisH
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon-Eagle Klondike IV
Other Heating: Propane

Post Thu. Dec. 26, 2013 6:43 am

We are quite warm and cozy here in the U.P. eh, and have coal to thank for it! Looks like we have some really bitter weather coming, again, Sunday through next week. Highs barely breaking zero, lows well below zero. Bring it on! I shudder to think what my heating bill would be if burning only propane!! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”