Harman Mark II Fan

GAMESNIPER

Post by GAMESNIPER » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 8:46 am

does anyone know where you oil the blower fan .....is there any other maintence should be done to blower fan asm

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 8:55 am

Since oil holes are not provided it probably needs to be disassembled. It's a bushing motor, the armature shaft ends ride in bushings, that's where the oil is applied. The only other maintenance is to blow out the motor with compressed air to get all the dust out that can cause the motor to overheat.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Clean the blades of the squirrel cage with a toothbrush or small wire brush if there is build up on them.

ON my hyfire, it had a ton of gunk on the blades, took a while, but seems to put out more air now.

Usually there is a HEX Allen setscrew on the squirrel cage and you can remove it quite easily.

gambler

Post by gambler » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 2:36 pm

WNY wrote: Usually there is a HEX Allen setscrew on the squirrel cage and you can remove it quite easily.
Mine have a Torx set screw. Took me about 20 min to finally decide it wasn't an SAE or metric allen screw.

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 7:08 pm

gambler wrote:
WNY wrote: Usually there is a HEX Allen setscrew on the squirrel cage and you can remove it quite easily.
Mine have a Torx set screw. Took me about 20 min to finally decide it wasn't an SAE or metric allen screw.
You can use a allen on most torx.

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Fri. Jan. 18, 2008 7:22 pm

Most of the time can use the Right Angle part of the allen wrench to get to the screw, on the combustion blowers and others you have to go in thru the exhaust opening and thru the fan blades to get the screws.... :)

GAMESNIPER

Post by GAMESNIPER » Mon. Jan. 21, 2008 8:34 am

cleaned my fan yesterday and got looking found 2 half holes on on motor there is tubes under holes to feed oil to bushings if anyone wants a pic to show them let me know

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Mon. Jan. 21, 2008 9:30 am

GAMESNIPER wrote:cleaned my fan yesterday and got looking found 2 half holes on on motor there is tubes under holes to feed oil to bushings if anyone wants a pic to show them let me know
I guess I have to take a closer look at my blower motor. You would have thought I'd have noticed them when I installed the switch in the collection box.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”