Manometer

bodie

Post by bodie » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 10:46 am

i have a t from the collar of the stove, with another t on top of that.this is were the baro is. can I drill and install the mano between were the t joints are at, and get a good reading?

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 11:26 am

Yes that should be fine. Below is a picture of mine, It's the steel brake tubing with a little piece of tin crimped on it for a stop. The brake line tubing penetrates the pipe about an inch. I have a thermometer probe underneath the aluminum tape also in the picture. It just lays on top the pipe.

Oh, and all the extra screws you see are there only to seal holes hahaha. Not from deterioration, but I drilled them during my incessant fiddling :lol:

/inˈsesənt/ - adjective 1. (of something regarded as unpleasant) continuing without pause or interruption. :lol:

Edit: Rotated Picture....

Attachments

20131027_110013.jpg
.JPG | 112.7KB | 20131027_110013.jpg
Last edited by Lightning on Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Lightning wrote:Oh, and all the extra screws you see are there only to seal holes hahaha. Not from deterioration, but I drilled them during my incessant fiddling
:lol: dude......step away from the flue pipe and put down the drill!!! you are getting a little carried away and apparently you cannot stop anytime you want!!! we are here to help but admission of your 'issue' is your first step to recovery!

Lightning
Site Moderator

Post by Lightning » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 12:26 pm

titleist1 wrote:
Lightning wrote:Oh, and all the extra screws you see are there only to seal holes hahaha. Not from deterioration, but I drilled them during my incessant fiddling
:lol: dude......step away from the flue pipe and put down the drill!!! you are getting a little carried away and apparently you cannot stop anytime you want!!! we are here to help but admission of your 'issue' is your first step to recovery!
In my defense, an awful lot of time between reloads this time of year. I get board hahaha.

bodie

Post by bodie » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 12:34 pm

yesterday was my first coal fire.i wrapped the baro with tin foil.no need to use it yet,still waiteing on the mano to get here.starting the coal took along time to get fired up.what I read about starting a fire on here is that you can use charcoal. if so what is the best brand to use?

titleist1

Post by titleist1 » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 12:40 pm

i use cowboy coal, but I am starting a stoker. when I used the mark III I started a wood fire...paper kindling and bigger pieces of branches before sprinkling the coal on it.

ashcat has a nice video of the process on here somewhere.

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 1:10 pm

Lightning wrote:In my defense, an awful lot of time between reloads this time of year. I get board hahaha.
Never mind what others say. The insights you gain benefit everyone.

Lightning
Site Moderator

Post by Lightning » Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 7:02 pm

franco b wrote:Never mind what others say.
Thanks Franco :D Its all good :lol:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”