Now it is around 14 celsius and the coldest time is in january and february -3 to -4 on the day
and -6 or -7 in the night.
But we have had lot's of warmer winters in the ninetee's and the early 2000's.
The last three winters where more like normal winters, like I remember.
Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
- just peter
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Sun. Nov. 20, 2011 3:22 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Weso 225 C3, Susler Altan, Wasseralfingen 440, Susler Altan
- Coal Size/Type: bituminous coal,
- Stove/Furnace Make: Susler, Weso, Wasseralfingen,
- Stove/Furnace Model: Altan, 225C tile stove
- Location: North Holland, The Netherlands.