What Is This Worth? PLEASE HELP! Just Need Info!!!

DJ Sam

Post by DJ Sam » Mon. Aug. 12, 2013 11:05 pm

I have a cast iron stove that I have been trying to get info on and see what it is worth and see what all information Is available for it. I have one problem though I have no idea what or where or how to get much info on it! Please some one help!! This is the info I have found and there are marking on it as follow!!

The base of the stove says "Reading Stove Works Orr, Painter & Co. Reading PA. Philadelphia"

The face says "Sunshine Oak"

Different pieces of the stove have marking such as "SO-12" , "SO-10" or "SO-14"

Very bottom base says "Airtight Seamless Base"

The picture is missing bottom base and legs which I do have In just as good condition but this is the only picture I have of it at the moment!
[img]
photo.JPG
.JPG | 93.5KB | photo.JPG
[/img]
Any help would be great! Possibly looking to sell but need information of worth!!! Thank you for looking and for the help!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 6:23 am

weird this stove appears to have locking/clamping doors (id be interested in seeing the inside of those doors?), the condition cant be judged without seeing the internals (grate, liner, flu exit... those area's that are "key" which take the damage), the exterior will generally always appear mint with some new paint. I bet that Nickel will polish up nice however! (does it have a finial on top??? some of these alone are worth $100-$200). I think if it has a finial and base and if a person merely used a general average as a baseline the stove is worth around $500 as it sits... if its been rebuilt in its life already and has a nice grate & liner functioning properly with its shaker, etc. it could be worth up to $1k. (this gives you the range I believe you would fall under with the info available).

hope that helps and welcome to the forum!

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 11:08 am

The stove is missing its top ring.

DJ Sam

Post by DJ Sam » Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 3:16 pm

I have never seen a a ring for it not have had it so I would have to say no! And as for the finial same never had it with it! I will head over to storage and take pictures of the inside and will post those soon!

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 8:06 pm

ouch... missing parts on a stove really kills the value :( Someone probably took the finial and sold it since that's the fastest and easiest way to grab a quick $100 bill.

DJ Sam

Post by DJ Sam » Tue. Aug. 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Here are the rest if the pics I took tonight!!!

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 148.8KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 97.1KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 144.7KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 95.8KB | image.jpg
image.jpg
.JPG | 84.2KB | image.jpg
image.jpg