Old Hearth Mate Stove

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Wed. Sep. 15, 2010 12:05 am

Jaan wrote:I have thought about grinding off all those stupid little figures
Leave 'em alone, you barbarian! :cry: They add beauty and character!

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Sep. 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Anybody try this places for parts for this stoves Might have replacement grates that will fit

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/4863/Wood-and-Co ... rates.html

http://www.hearthstove.com/catalog.html

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

SueK

Post by SueK » Wed. Sep. 15, 2010 1:36 pm

It's in Cumberland, Rhode Island, I was thinking of $300 or best offer.

brazilianfernie

Post by brazilianfernie » Wed. Dec. 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello everyone, I found this board as I was looking for information about this exact stove online! I inherited one of these stoves and cannot read most of the info on the gold panel at the bottom of the stove, all I got was hearthmate series 2400 model #HM2400. can anyone fill me in on the BTU's this stove puts out?

mat

Post by mat » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 12:00 am

I sure wish someone had a manual to scan and post for these Hearthmates, I've had mine for years and just installed it in our present house, I had it backwards as far as the vents go, but according to Pehr9801 the vents in the upper door are open for burning wood. I thought the vents in the lower door were for burning wood. I'm not burning coal anymore so any help with operating this stove burning wood would be helpful thanks.

johnny b

Post by johnny b » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 9:56 am

hello every one ,i am new to this site I purchased a home and I t had a hearthmate stove in it but not hooked up.i have no specs on it and have looked on line but cant find any,the stove I have looks just like the ones in this post.does any one have any specs for these stoves, I went to my town for a permit to put it in without any specs it has to be 3 feet of each wall which puts it in way into the room which doesn't work for what I am trying to do.any help would be great .thank you four time john b

brazilianfernie

Post by brazilianfernie » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 4:56 pm

i am also wondering about the specs. thanks.

ElizabethHearthMate

Post by ElizabethHearthMate » Sat. Jun. 04, 2011 1:26 pm

I have a Hearth Mate 2200 "Ultra Coal" that was in this home when we bought it 11 years ago, the stove was probably bought new in 1992 or 1993.

The original User's Manual has been located in our paperwork and I am willing to scan it into PDF format and send to whoever needs it - or even better, someone who can post it online making it available for anyone who needs it in the future.

Thanks all, it is a great stove even for wood-burners like myself who have more access to wood than coal.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sat. Jun. 04, 2011 5:02 pm

ElizabethHearthMate wrote:or even better, someone who can post it online making it available for anyone who needs it in the future.
I'd love to have it here but unfortunately it is copyrighted so please don't post it here.

Vanse01

Post by Vanse01 » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 11:13 pm

I have the same stove and would like to get a copy of the owners manual if you still have the scans.

Thank in advanse,
Andrew

logan1

Post by logan1 » Sat. Feb. 18, 2012 5:04 pm

to the manual holder,i would love a copy could you e-mail it also looking for for a UL# to pull a permit from town any help??? and suek will you take 200?

logan1

Post by logan1 » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 7:43 pm

johnny b wrote:hello every one ,i am new to this site I purchased a home and I t had a hearthmate stove in it but not hooked up.i have no specs on it and have looked on line but cant find any,the stove I have looks just like the ones in this post.does any one have any specs for these stoves, I went to my town for a permit to put it in without any specs it has to be 3 feet of each wall which puts it in way into the room which doesn't work for what I am trying to do.

any help would be great .thank you four time john b
hi johnny b
i'am in the same boat as you I need a UL# to pull a permit please let me know if you come up with anything thanks dan

Darcye

Post by Darcye » Mon. Jan. 07, 2013 4:41 pm

We have the exact stove and LOVE it! We use it 24/7 during the winter months and we live in Maine. The only problem that we are having is with the blower. When we bought this house the stove was here and there is a heat sensored blower attached to the side that doesn't work any longer. I've had our electrician look at it, but I do believe it's the sensor. Anyone have any ideas where to get parts for that???

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Mon. Jan. 07, 2013 6:21 pm

Darcye wrote:Anyone have any ideas where to get parts for that???
Is it an ordinary squirrel-cage blower? You can probably just bypass the sensor and run it with an on/off switch. Or, I ran mine with a dimmer switch like you would use for lights, so I could have variable speeds. The sensor sounds like over-kill.

scajjr29

Post by scajjr29 » Sun. May. 26, 2013 8:55 am

My fiance and I have a 30 yearold HearthMate wood/coal stove. She used coal in it for the 1st 20 years, wood the next few and last year we put a pellet basket in it to burn pellets.

I'm asking about the fan unit darcye and rberq were mentioning. Is there a source for a fan unit we could put on the stove?

we're in southern NH btw.

Sam

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”