Muss44

Post by Muss44 » Sun. Jun. 09, 2013 8:19 pm

What is this?

Attachments

image.jpg
.JPG | 32.3KB | image.jpg

Muss44

Post by Muss44 » Sun. Jun. 09, 2013 8:21 pm

And can anyone estimate what it is worth?

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Mon. Jun. 10, 2013 4:12 am

their was a very recent stove exactly the same posted on GL and inquired about here on the forum. I will try to find the thread because William did answer the questions about it, I recall it being an Oak type coal stove but let me try to find the thread (or if William gets online soon maybe he can re-iterate what it is here as well)

P.S. Value is probably about $400-$800 depending on condition of cridical parts & assuming all parts are in place, fully restored by a pro. I don't think this stove would bring much more then $1500 (the one on CL was listed for an unrealistic price and I don't believe sold).

top top

Post by top top » Sat. Jun. 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Well I think I know what kind it is.

Valley Queen No 12
S.V. Stove MFG
Spring City Pa

Now can anyone tell me anything about it. Is it worth repairing and using.
BTW, to my untrained eye it is complete and fair to good condition. The only real issue I see besides all of the mica being gone is some of the doors do not work properly. I think that is just bent hinge pins, I can fix that.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sun. Jun. 16, 2013 8:25 am

Are you a stove flipper or a stove keeper?

top top

Post by top top » Sun. Jun. 16, 2013 11:57 am

Keeper. I was looking for a small parlor stove for my 300 year old house when I found this. After I bought it I came on here to see if anyone knew anything about it and discovered this thread. That looks like the same stove, just figured I would add to this thread instead of starting a new one. Can you offer any info? Good source for mika?

I thought I would lightly sandblast the exterior then use black metal polish on it. Both boot rack mounts are broken, I can weld that. Fix the hinge pins, replace the mica and most of the hardware and it should be safe to use. The stack seems to be an odd size. 4 9/16 ID, 4 11/16 OD. It looks like the pipe should go over the stove connector. Every other stove I have had connects the other way so any creosote from burning wood would run back into the stove, not down the outside.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Jun. 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Coal does not make creosote, so the slip joints can be upper/over instead of for wood, upper/inner.

Nice looking stove, we need to see lots of pics of the stove in pieces, inside and out..

Greg

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”