Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
- Posts: 495
- Joined: Sat. Jun. 25, 2011 4:30 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer, 3095
Gents in Schykill County whats going on with Harmony .Same coal or not .
Jack from Lehigh Valley
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 11343
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
- Location: Chazy, NY
Different coal source, but the new owners claim it is good stuff.
A New Harmony Back in Business