HARMAN SF-260 With Orange Jacket

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
coalpuppy

Post Fri. Mar. 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Can anyone please tell me when Harman was painting the jackets of their boilers orange (very similar to Tarm)? I have a chance to get what I am assuming to be equivalent to the SF-260. I can only see the pics the guy sent me and he says there is no spec plate on the boiler. It looks exactly like their current models, but definitely orange. I am guessing maybe the first ones they made?

Visit Hitzer Stoves

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: anthracite/rice coal

Post Sat. Mar. 23, 2013 11:03 pm

YES, the first ones had orange sheet metal. All of their boilers did including the vf3000. I don't know what year they switched to tan. At least 12 years ago.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. Winston Churchill

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." —General George S. Patton

Burning rice coal in a 1981 EFM DF520, nut coal in a hand fired Jotul 507.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”