Calling Any DS Machine Owners

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 12:13 pm

MudFlapLip wrote:The several Harman dealers I spoke with recommended I not run a baro. Maybe it was their personal preference or experience
Most dealers sell so few coal stoves, they are speaking from ignorance and inexperience.

MudFlapLip
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Machine Stoves, DS1600WH Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by MudFlapLip » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 12:37 pm

rberq wrote:
MudFlapLip wrote:The several Harman dealers I spoke with recommended I not run a baro. Maybe it was their personal preference or experience
Most dealers sell so few coal stoves, they are speaking from ignorance and inexperience.
Yeah I'm starting to put that together. I just put the order in for the 1600. I'll post pics once I get it installed. Thanks for everyone's advice. Great forum, great knowledge.

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 4:01 pm

FWIW, I am running an MPD but I have been running it wide open. I have tried adjusting it and found that my stack temps don't vary enough to warrant messing with it.

My chimney goes up thru the middle of my house, so a little bit of heat in the stack isn't a problem. By the time the stack gets to the attic, it's only about 70 degrees.

ridgeracing
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine Stove

Post by ridgeracing » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 7:59 pm

I noticed you were selling your Bitum. coal on Craigslist, may I ask how you made out with project?

MudFlapLip

Post by MudFlapLip » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 8:49 pm

LDPosse wrote:FWIW, I am running an MPD but I have been running it wide open. I have tried adjusting it and found that my stack temps don't vary enough to warrant messing with it.

My chimney goes up thru the middle of my house, so a little bit of heat in the stack isn't a problem. By the time the stack gets to the attic, it's only about 70 degrees.
That's my plan as well. I'm just going to have the MPD installed but have it wide open unless conditions call for otherwise.

MudFlapLip

Post by MudFlapLip » Thu. Mar. 07, 2013 8:51 pm

ridgeracing wrote:I noticed you were selling your Bitum. coal on Craigslist, may I ask how you made out with project?
Umm not me man. I don't have any coal for sale. I don't know if that was meant for me or the guy that posted before you, LDPosse.

LDPosse

Post by LDPosse » Fri. Mar. 08, 2013 12:35 am

MudFlapLip wrote:
ridgeracing wrote:I noticed you were selling your Bitum. coal on Craigslist, may I ask how you made out with project?
Umm not me man. I don't have any coal for sale. I don't know if that was meant for me or the guy that posted before you, LDPosse.
I'm the one selling bit coal on craigslist. Only one customer so far, he bought 6 buckets of the broad top lump and burned it in his Hitzer 82. He was happy with it, and now wants to come back and buy the pile of ROM I have out back. I hope he actually shows up for it!

The coal burns nice but I won't buy ROM again, what a pain!

ridgeracing
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine Stove

Post by ridgeracing » Sat. Mar. 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Is ROM the same as bitumous coal? What was the problem and reason your selling it?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”