Basement Find

gixxer
Stove/Furnace Make: firepower

Post Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Found this in the basement of my new house. Anybody know what it is? Worth?
Thanks
I've got a coal boiler so I have no use for it.
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

kjun coal
Stove/Furnace Make: glacier bay
Stove/Furnace Model: ?

Post Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 6:23 pm

I am no expert, but it looks like a nice potbelly. How much it's worth is, whatever someone would pay for it. First look for cracks in the main firebox. shaker work? is it useable or an orniment. If it works, a few hundred. Cleaned up, maybe more.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 6:56 pm

gixxer, it's obviously just junk being in the basement & all. Tell you what, I could come and just get it out of your way for ya & not even charge for the work involved. Just a little gas money would only be fair. :clap: toothy NICE find dude ;)

Visit Hitzer Stoves

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post Tue. Jan. 01, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm seeing No. 18 The Union Stove Works. Nice find. William would know more, I'd wait for him to respond.

Edit I also see 1918 Red Cloud. A Red Cloud 13 in restored condition goes for around $1400. I'd imagine the 18 is a larger stove. I wouldn't junk it if that's what you're trying to figure out.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post Mon. Jan. 21, 2013 5:30 am

freetown fred wrote:gixxer, it's obviously just junk being in the basement & all. Tell you what, I could come and just get it out of your way for ya & not even charge for the work involved. Just a little gas money would only be fair. :clap: toothy NICE find dude ;)
HaHaHa... Fred makes me laugh so much sometimes :lol:

The condition is key to value if could clean/vacuum it out and get some photo's of the inside and some close ups of the body (mid section and at upper door opening) it would help? It appears to be pretty nice to me at first glance. assuming its in good working condition ive seen these old cannon's go from $200 "as is" all the way up to $1200 refurbished. Even as a garden ornament with no guts its worth $100.00 in a heartbeat! I think a reasonable and fair expectation without doing work is $400.00.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”