Jr Chubby

tcalo
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford 40
Coal Size/Type: Nut/stove anthracite

Post by tcalo » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 3:27 pm

snowman, I would like to check out your cap system on your Chubby Sr. Could you post a pic of it? I'm sure your stove has the same grate system as mine, do you need to pull the grate up on an angle to get the shaker rod out? Do you need to dump the fire to change out your cap due to having to remove the grate?

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Tue. Jan. 22, 2013 3:29 pm

The best story on the forum, and for ever :lol: You should write some books about your good intentions and all what you do/did for the planet. California's peoples will love it.
I'm planning to meet Mr your PM and talk about you and all the help you gave to me, so I can still pay my car, my house, my anth...I may be in the obligation to go back in the woods and find so cabin...Brurrrrrr
Again all I can say is THANK YOU the snowman you really warmed up my mind.

the snowman
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507
Coal Size/Type: Nut, Stove coal, Egg coal

Post by the snowman » Fri. Jan. 25, 2013 11:59 pm

nortcan,
Thanks and your welcome.

tcalo,

I will try to find a pic of the cap as I kind of got the digital camera wet the other day and it is drying out. I Hope I didn't destroy it. I do not have to pull the grate up on an angle to remove the shaker handle. I have the stove with the updated grate and grate support. I do not have to dump my fire to change out the cap or shaker rod. If I need to remove the shaker rod or remove the cap, I just unscrew the center of the cap and remove the shaker rod and cap as one assembly. At one point I had a locking collar on the shaker rod portion that stuck through the shaker grate. For some reason I thought the shaker rod would rise up out the grate. I removed it shortly after due to not needing it. I will try to find a pic of the cap if the camera does not work or if it does work I will take a pic of it and post it.

The snowman.

Photog200
Baseburners & Antiques: Colonial Clarion cook stove, Kineo #15 base burner & 2 Geneva Oak Andes #517's
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Chestnut
Other Heating: Electric Baseboard

Post by Photog200 » Fri. Apr. 05, 2013 6:32 pm

echos67 wrote:Congrats on the stove, the Chubby's are good looking stoves (and some here as you know swear by them).

I always enjoy a long road trip to pick up items, my Glenwood was in RI and if it weren't for the tolls it would had been great to drive it from MD.

Like yourself I love the snow and love driving in it, too bad other drivers don't use common sense when doing so.

The paint I use around here is from ACE Hardware and called "Stove Bright" it is rated to 1200* and the Metallic Black is a good choice for stoves but it comes in other colors as well.
I would agree that Stove Bright is the best high temp paint I have used. I have been using it for years on my wood stoves.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”