Clayton 1620M Question

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
harborcraft
Stove/Furnace Make: clayton
Stove/Furnace Model: 1602m

Post Sat. Dec. 15, 2012 2:51 pm

I have a clayton [tractor supply ] clayton 1602m with 2 spin dampners.no optional forced electronicaly controled dampner . itis hooked up to the blower on my conventional tempstar propane furnace.does can anyone tell me do I use just the thermo disc preset at the factory at 120%or run and wire both the limit switch that mounts in the left backside box that has a honeywell cover on it? Is the limit switch te one that is set at 100-150-200 only for running coal or a electronic draft blower?. If all I need to run is the thermo disc preset at the factory at 120% just for burning wood and no electronic forced air dampner which box or what part of the back of the clayton do I wire it to?any help would be greatly appreciative as I just don't understand the 2 disc provided with stove Iam located in western northern upper michigan thank you

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Lightning
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Post Sun. Dec. 16, 2012 8:14 am

Can you post some pictures so we can positively identify your questions? I have a Clayton, with the same switch (I think its the same) it runs the blowers.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”