Nashua NC-2

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson
Stove/Furnace Make: Thermopride
Stove/Furnace Model: oil fired

Post Fri. Nov. 30, 2012 2:13 pm

A buddy of mine had burned wood for over 30 yrs, and got tired of the work, and was able to acquire this "combo" stove a few yrs back. He's still in the experimental stages, and has it mounted in his ranch house basement, with the stove pipe running approx. 8-10' horizontally, (angled up), connecting to a red brick chimney, outside his foundation. The only adjustments on his stove is some "spiral" intake valves mounted low. He also has a problem getting it to run through the nite. Anyone have any info, or tips on this stove? Thanx
I got coal in my Christmas stocking. (Yey!)
http://nepacrossroads.com/about36489.html

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson
Stove/Furnace Make: Thermopride
Stove/Furnace Model: oil fired

Post Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 10:49 am

Reopening this thread, just to see if anyone has any knowledge or input on this stove. Would anyone know what the draft requirement is on this stove? Thanx for your response.
I got coal in my Christmas stocking. (Yey!)
http://nepacrossroads.com/about36489.html

Visit Hitzer Stoves

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW)

Post Sun. Oct. 27, 2013 11:10 am

-Larry

Democracy rests upon the principle that collective wisdom arises from a pool of individual ignorance. A Republic rests squarely upon objective law, and fundamentally upon those laws which restrict the scope and actions of government.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”