My Wife Is Going to Kill Me! Zephyr Cook Stove

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Mon. Dec. 03, 2012 9:43 pm

So today I had a little time to work on the stove. I pulled all the loose parts out including the grates. I degreased the top a few times and then used some Walter step pads on my grinder to polish the top a bit and get rid of whatever crud . Next I will pull the stove apart piece by piece.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Sat. Mar. 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I have decided to sell this cook stove. As I am minimilizing the stuff in my garage I had an anxiety attack and I just can't deal with all of my projects so the stove needs to go . Of course in a perfect world I would have a giant house and be able to work on it and have all the money to fix everything right now I would keep it.

I have it on craigslist for $250 but if one of you guys on the forum wants the stove just PM me and I will give you one hell of a deal! Seriously! PLease please please I just need to get stuff out of my garage and I am not going to put it outside to get all rusty either.

It has been kept in my garage since I saved it from the salavage yard but even there it was kept indoors. I also am going to get rid of the spare Warm Morning 414a I have. It could be used for parts or all the parts are there so it could be restored.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Sun. Mar. 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Sold !

I Hand forged a handle to replace the missing one and cleaned it well. Found out what the back spring was for as well and hooked it up . It was a tensioner for the oven door . Works well.

Anyways it's gone. Sold to a nice family looking to use in their garage.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”