Sc100

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
Dennis
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: AHS/WOC55-multi-fuel/wood,oil,coal
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/stove size

Post Fri. Nov. 16, 2012 5:26 pm

georgedj wrote:stupid question more coal more heat I know im a plumber/hvac service tech but new to the coal thing

WRONG,the more coal the same heat,only giving extra draft will give you more heat. More coal will give you longer burn times.
georgedj wrote:not sure how much coal I need to weight a 5 gallon bucket full of coal
about 40 lbs. of nut coal

georgedj
Stove/Furnace Make: Stratford
Stove/Furnace Model: SC100

Post Fri. Nov. 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Dennis wrote:
georgedj wrote:stupid question more coal more heat I know im a plumber/hvac service tech but new to the coal thing

WRONG,the more coal the same heat,only giving extra draft will give you more heat. More coal will give you longer burn times.
georgedj wrote:not sure how much coal I need to weight a 5 gallon bucket full of coal
about 40 lbs. of nut coal
I opened the draft and now im getting 400 temp that should help heat the basement even better

next week I will cut some vents in the floor

Visit Hitzer Stoves

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Fri. Nov. 16, 2012 6:46 pm

OUTSTANDING. You'll be even more pleased with the floor vents :)
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”