Finally Lit up

Vangellis
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Olix Air Flo
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Vangellis » Thu. Nov. 27, 2014 11:18 pm

jesepi wrote:will the Olix Air-flow burn Bit coal? It looks as tho it will due to the upper air control knobs.
Hi jesepi.

I would imagine so because it is made to burn wood and coal. Too bad they aren't made anymore.

Kevin

jesepi

Post by jesepi » Thu. Nov. 27, 2014 11:30 pm

TY Kevin. And yes the Olix looks like a fantastic stove. I will keep looking about for a coal stove. I want to have one by spring.
It will have to be a used as I do not have enough to buy anything new and I will be burning Bit coal.
The place that sells it is like 2 miles from my house and the current price is 65.00 dollars per ton.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 6:28 am

jesepi,put the town & state where you live into your profile,maybe someone near you will have a stove for you or might see one that would fit your needs & then they can notify you.Freetown Fred is a long time member here & claims that nobody will steal you.

jesepi

Post by jesepi » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 9:02 am

LOL
Well My profile has been updated. Im in the Sharon,Meadville,Erie areas of Pennsylvania.

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks,jesepi, maybe some member near you has a stove they no longer use & just never got around to selling it,they might think of your need & then maybe you can get started heating with coal this winter yet.I sure wish I had found our $100 stove this time last year instead of this summer,we could have been enjoying it's warmth all winter last yr. We are enjoying the heat from it this season so far.

jesepi

Post by jesepi » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 12:55 pm

thats awesome Windy.
I am 56 and have had some bad health issues. Had bypass at age 40 and the last heart attack I had was umm about 7 months ago. Had two previously.
I don't want to burn wood because honestly I would never be able to cut,split,stack it all so I looked into coal.
I see that coal is the way to go !! So anyway, Im looking into it and learning LOADS of GREAT info on this site ! The guys and ladies here are second to none ! The expierence here is epic as far as coal burning and stoves and also installs go.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 1:42 pm

well jes I wish u all tha best and u r on a site that is to me priceless really good pep. and info!!!!!!!!! wish u the best ~~~~~~~~

jesepi

Post by jesepi » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 2:28 pm

thanks coalfan !
Yeah I have learned so much by reading the info here. I never reaqlly thought about using coal as my primary heating source
but after reading these posts and seeing what people had to say I changed my mind. You all have so much
intelligence in this matter it is like being in a first rate college taking courses with knowledgable Professors ! :)

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Fri. Nov. 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Vangellis, That's a nice stove ya got there.

It will heat...........and 'cook' for you if you work with it. Yes, you can cook your meals on it also, not just heat water.

Check out this thread: Cookin' With Coal

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”