Hand-Fired Recommendation for a Stoker Guy

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
cowentz
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kast Console II Hearth

Post Wed. Nov. 07, 2012 7:28 am

Nortcan,
Yes we can have a gun there. No need to be hidden, doesn't have to be locked in a safe. Here in PA (and some other states also), you can open carry a loaded firearm. You can also apply and get a license to carry firearms which allows you to conceal carry a loaded firearm

nortcan
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Post Wed. Nov. 07, 2012 10:55 am

WOW.
Fabulous, I must move down to Pa. Then the Marlin or the Henry will be above the stove, and maybe both :lol:
I like the paint over my faux-foyer but would preffer the rifles :roll:
Anyway thanks for taking time to answer.

echos67
Stove/Furnace Make: Glenwood No. 6.

Post Wed. Nov. 07, 2012 5:37 pm

nortcan wrote:Hi cowentz.
Very nice looking installation you have. All is in harmony :idea:
A question about the gun on the back wall: is it possible to hang a shotgun there in you'r region? No problem for me but just a little jealous cause here in Québec Province, an arm shouldn't be visible, locked, in a safe, at the bank :lol: :lol: .
P/S, not an obligation to answer the gun question if you don't want, I will understand...
I hope a bad person doesn't ever give you reason to defend yourself, it may be tough throwing the safe at them or asking them to wait until the bank opens :lol:
Keith V
Glenwood No. 6

Visit Hitzer Stoves

nortcan

Post Wed. Nov. 07, 2012 8:30 pm

Keith, that is the sad reality of beeing in Québec :lol: We must learn to run very fast :D
P/S, seems you'r as fast for humour as my Henry rifles :)

echos67

Post Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 6:19 am

nortcan wrote:Keith, that is the sad reality of beeing in Québec :lol: We must learn to run very fast :D
P/S, seems you'r as fast for humour as my Henry rifles :)
:shock: , ok I will be quiet now :lol:
Keith V
Glenwood No. 6

rubicondave33
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Post Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 6:13 pm

cowentz wrote:Nortcan,
Yes we can have a gun there. No need to be hidden, doesn't have to be locked in a safe. Here in PA (and some other states also), you can open carry a loaded firearm. You can also apply and get a license to carry firearms which allows you to conceal carry a loaded firearm
Remember, although PA is an open carry state, as soon as you get into your vehicle (for example) the weapon is considered concealed. I never leave home without mine!

Visit Hitzer Stoves

echos67

Post Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 6:29 pm

rubicondave33 wrote:
cowentz wrote:Nortcan,
Remember, although PA is an open carry state, as soon as you get into your vehicle (for example) the weapon is considered concealed. I never leave home without mine!
Just one fine example of why I want out of MD and to move to PA :D .
Keith V
Glenwood No. 6

nortcan

Post Thu. Nov. 08, 2012 10:06 pm

echos67 wrote:
rubicondave33 wrote: Remember, although PA is an open carry state, as soon as you get into your vehicle (for example) the weapon is considered concealed. I never leave home without mine!
Just one fine example of why I want out of MD and to move to PA :D .
I got an :idea: , a good one , we could have a house for all of us: full of stoves and rifles in Pa :?: :D

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”