Baro Damper Will Get Tested This Week

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Post Tue. Oct. 30, 2012 12:34 am

East suburbs of Pgh, forecast is major wind gusts. We shall see how well the baro works on my 30-95.

Of course if everything goes smooth and I get no blowbacks - I'll never really know for sure if it was the baro or the long chimney with a wind cap that made the difference. I guess the only thing I can possible prove is that that baro is not enough protection from 50mph gusts - if I get major blowbacks and puffs.

So far - fire seems steady.
Coal is producing 50% of our energy without dependence on foreign oil and creating millions of jobs....
Let's tell our government that we don't want this industry bankrupted!
...Instead, how about we spend a few billion researching technology to burn it even cleaner!

Burning nut the 30-95, cord wood in the 30-NC and wood scraps in the potbelly.
Currently restoring a Chubby and dreaming of a Leisure Line Pocono Top Vent

Visit Hitzer Stoves

JohnnyV
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 254
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Pellet stove far end of house
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 254

Post Wed. Oct. 31, 2012 7:55 pm

I put a Baro on mine about a month after I got my Hitzer. I could not keep the fire under control without it. When we get wind, which is most of the time, you will hear it open and close. So if you hear it open and close you will know it is helping. Just make sure you have it set with a manometer. Mine worked flawlessly with the wind gusts from Sandy.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”