Grate for a Chubby?

thecarver
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Coal Size/Type: Stove Coal
Other Heating: Wood Stove

Post by thecarver » Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 9:55 am

I completely forgot I was already registered here, lol I picked up a Chubby for a great price, complete except I need a grate for it. I know about the guy in Plymouth we spoke last year or longer ago. Anyone have or know where I can get a used one? Also thanks to B. M. for reminding me to ask here. Also looking for coal at a reasonable price. With all the coal in this country I can't believe what some places are asking and thinking its a deal.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Thu. Nov. 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Carver

Congrats on getting the Grate for your Chubby! Welcome to the "Chubby Cult"!

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Thu. Nov. 01, 2012 3:53 pm

thecarver wrote:Anyone have or know where I can get a used one?
Maybe:

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Thu. Nov. 01, 2012 4:14 pm

Freddy

"Thecarver" secured a grate yesterday.

thecarver

Post by thecarver » Mon. Oct. 28, 2013 12:45 am

ONEDOLLAR wrote:Freddy

"Thecarver" secured a grate yesterday.
Wow its been a while since I'm been here. Computer when down. Lost the bookmark to this forum. It took me well over an hour to find it once again. Speaking of grates. I did drive out to Larry's place to by a used one. It looked like a new one to me. What a nice guy he is. Now I need to save $$ to but a new pot. Mine is find but the new one is much easier to shake. Hope all have been well. If anyone knows of any free coal in my area and you don't want it please tell me. Thanks

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Mon. Oct. 28, 2013 8:31 am

nice to see you check in from time to time ;) I will say this to you as far as Chubby spare parts go... Im not sure what Larry Trainer would charge for a new firepot but what I can assure you is that it WILL be far cheaper and more proper and more safe than buying it or finding it anyplace else. You have to remember Larry is not buying these things by the 1000's, he does it to service the products he loves so much (and trust me when I tell you he might only be making $5 or $15 on a grate).

its pretty amazing that he treats everyone very fairly and his willingness to help others (even when it does not benefit him) is fantastic to see! The firepot on a Chubby would cost at least $120 for anyone including Larry to have made (now add shipping, handling, time, cleaning up edges & seating smooth which I know he does!, etc.).... The real world price on one of these would be $300 - $400 if a company wanted to "gouge" (for a Crane its over $400 from those theivin' bastards at woodmansparts :mad: ), I would be curious as to what Larry might charge because I bet you he only makes $20-$40 on a part he could make $150 on!

Simply call Larry when you need parts, he is one of the good guys that does try his best to help out ;)

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Oct. 28, 2013 8:50 am

A brand new firepot from Larry is $235.

You can find it here on the Chubby webbsite. http://chubbystove.com/gallery1.htm

And of course that includes FREE SHIPPING and all the tech support you might need. Larry bends over backwards to help Chubby owners. Doesn't matter if they bought the stove from him or not. That is the kind of guy he is. He might have a used one too. Doesn't hurt to ask.

If you need any help PM me or if you would like Larry's number drop me a PM.

thecarver

Post by thecarver » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 7:27 pm

ONEDOLLAR wrote:A brand new firepot from Larry is $235.

You can find it here on the Chubby webbsite. http://chubbystove.com/gallery1.htm

And of course that includes FREE SHIPPING and all the tech support you might need. Larry bends over backwards to help Chubby owners. Doesn't matter if they bought the stove from him or not. That is the kind of guy he is. He might have a used one too. Doesn't hurt to ask.

If you need any help PM me or if you would like Larry's number drop me a PM.
I'm not all that far from Larry. He's in Plymouth I'm in Woonsocket. Thank for all the info. Greatly appreciated.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 8:41 am

Carver

Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all has been well this LONG A$$ winter. Looks like more snow is on the way this week too. Chubby running well for you in the shop :?:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”