Likeing It So Far

bigchunk

Post by bigchunk » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 9:25 am

well so far so good, ive been burning since saturday evening 11/17 and its been cooking steadly . getting used to my stove. I have a Harman sf 250 I ordered 3 ton of nut . and I purchased a digital timer for my blower and thats working to my satisfaction as well . have fun. happy holidays.

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 2:44 pm

Did you purchase a COaltrol or is it another type of timer? Are you using setback settings? Thank goodness for coal.

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 7:16 pm

traderfjp wrote:Did you purchase a COaltrol or is it another type of timer? Are you using setback settings? Thank goodness for coal.
The sf 250 is a manual hand fired stove so all he would need is a simple timer for his stoves blower.

bigchunk

Post by bigchunk » Thu. Nov. 22, 2007 7:53 am

thanks easyray. I went to ace hardware and bought a digital timer its called a intermatic . as one would know I just put it on ones preferable setting and forget about it. btw this stove is a blessing ive got it so the house is in the 70's right now always with a full load. I could easily make the house hit the hight 80's or possibly 90's havent even worked it hard enough to have the baro opened yet maybe just a hair enough to hear a little whistle. happy thanksgiving.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”