Chubby Coal Stove Doing Me Well.

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Sat. Feb. 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Been using the Chubby for the past 3 weeks and keeps my house nice and warm. It's been down in the 20's at night. My gas furnace has not come on at all. I still have my Jotul 507 coal stove which I will use in my garage next winter. I am very pleased with the Chubby. I bought the stove from Larry Trainer. He's a great guy and takes great pride in his work. He is always there to help you if you need it and I like that.

Attachments

CIMG0610.JPG
.JPG | 139.5KB | CIMG0610.JPG

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Sun. Feb. 19, 2012 6:19 am

Nice little coal stoves, my father in law has a big and a little one. Do you have a baro on that stove? It really will make a difference in the amount of coal you burn and heat going up the chimney needlessly.

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Sun. Feb. 19, 2012 7:53 am

No boro as of yet. No room for one at the moment. I plan on raising the flue pipe this summer and will put one in at that time.

jpete
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Post by jpete » Sun. Feb. 19, 2012 8:09 am

If you replace the top elbow with a Tee, you can put one facing out.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Sun. Feb. 19, 2012 10:20 am

Nice set up with your Chubby. I love the brick work! Did you do the brick yourself?

I don't have a baro on my Chubby Jr. My Flu temps are around 150 f or less and we are getting very good burn times as well. Of course we do have MPD. I have thought about putting in a baro but I honestly don't see what it is going to do for me. Every situation is differant though.

Congrats on your install and welcome to the Chubby Cult!

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 4:35 pm

I just got through talking to Larry Trainer on some questions I had. What a great guy! He is so helpful. I'm a Barber and have been telling all my customers about this great stove. A lot of them seemed to b4e interested in it and I hope they call Larry and buy one. I am a former wood and coal burner and coal is the best way to go. I'm going to sell all my wood stoves and just use my Chubby. At $300 and up for wood and at average you burn at least 3 cords a year. Why not go with coal. It's much cheaper and less work. And far as I am concerned. I checked out all the coal stoves on the market and come to realize the Coal Chubby is the best on the market today! Thank you very much Larry Trainer for making the best coal stove!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 4:52 pm

If you install a Chubby stove in the barber shop your business will double in cold weather. ;)

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Get a little Chubby Jr and plop that baby in the shop! You could create an "Old Style" barbershop with the stove, and deck the shop out with antique barber shop poles and stuff. Could be great marketing.......

And Oh yeah.... Chubby's are awesome!

Coalchubbyboy check you PM's.

DOUG

Post by DOUG » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 6:41 pm

chubbycoalboy wrote: Larry Trainer. What a great guy! He is so helpful. I checked out all the coal stoves on the market and come to realize the Coal Chubby is the best on the market today! Thank you very much Larry Trainer for making the best coal stove!
I second that! Larry Trainer is a Great guy and makes the best little coal stove today! :D

blizzard87

Post by blizzard87 » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 7:51 pm

Same here on such a great stove. Did my routine yesterday morn at 5-am, wound up going to emergency room for the wife and came home at 6-pm., and everything checked out ok there thankfully. They said she had vertigo. I was thinking I hope its not something with the stove but no co's went off and I check them frequently. I thought stove would be out or hard to bring back when I got home, but she was purring along nice just like I left it, no problem. I had my doubts originally but not anymore. I think 2012 might be Larry's year with all our support. Bliz

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Mon. Feb. 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Yes I also think this will be Larry's year. We all support him. I'm a Barber and have told a lot of my customers and lots of them seem to be interested in his stove. I'm going to put up a picture of my stove and put Larry's web address on it. This will be on my bulletin board where everyone can see it.

chubbycoalboy

Post by chubbycoalboy » Sun. Feb. 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, 4 weeks have gone by using my chubby and the furnace has not gone on. The house is nice and warm!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Feb. 26, 2012 10:20 pm

Outstanding cc. :)

beemerboy

Post by beemerboy » Mon. Feb. 27, 2012 11:13 am

How much do you suppose a Jr. Chubby in real good condition (no rust, grates all there) would be worth if I were to look for one?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Feb. 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Whatever you are willing to pay for it. :)
beemerboy wrote:How much do you suppose a Jr. Chubby in real good condition (no rust, grates all there) would be worth if I were to look for one?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”