Warm Morning 701A

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2
Coal Size/Type: Nut / Anthracite
Other Heating: none

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Jan. 24, 2012 9:18 am

I'm at work so I haven't done a hard search for photos but there is a WM 701a for sale near me for $250 is it worth it? I have seen the 782 as a wood/coal unit I wonder if this is the same? Any info?

Thanks

Josh

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Tue. Jan. 24, 2012 10:28 am

If it is like the 782 I would stay away. Those long vee shaped fire boxes are not very well suited for coal. It's also very ugly.

Smokeyja
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood #6 baseheater, Richmond Advance Range, WarmMorning 414a x2

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Jan. 24, 2012 7:29 pm

franco b wrote:If it is like the 782 I would stay away. Those long vee shaped fire boxes are not very well suited for coal. It's also very ugly.
They are probably clinker factories. Thanks for the heads up. Also they still didn't send me a pic after asking twice. Kind of annoying when your dealing with those types of sellers. I will just call the stove hospital again tomorrow and see how far I am up the base heater list :) . I am getting antsy I make the trip.

Thanks again!

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Wed. Jan. 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I received photos today via phone and it looks like it's maybe just a wood burner. I haven't seen this style before though.
Looks like it has a blower

I'm not interested in it anymore but I thought I would still show the "photos" of what the model was.

Smokey#1
Other Heating: Warm Morning circulaitor.

Post by Smokey#1 » Sun. Jan. 20, 2019 8:38 pm

I bought a Warm Morning 701A just a few weeks ago and I was under the impression it was a wood stove. But I thought it may handle coal. Right now I am burning wood in it and it does a wonderful job. We love it. I used to have an old Warm Morning 120 back in the day. I am working on buying it back. The reason I joined the Forum. I am still courious about the 701 if it will handle coal all that well. It makes a wonderful wood stove. I live in Mo. and coal is a little hard to find with out paying a high price. If any one has some info for me I would apriciat it.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Jan. 21, 2019 12:18 am

Smokeyja wrote:
Tue. Jan. 24, 2012 7:29 pm
They are probably clinker factories. Thanks for the heads up. Also they still didn't send me a pic after asking twice. Kind of annoying when your dealing with those types of sellers. I will just call the stove hospital again tomorrow and see how far I am up the base heater list :) . I am getting antsy I make the trip.

Thanks again!
Your looking to get another base heater ?

Have you tried asking members, Wilsonswoodstoves, or Pauliewog ? They have been coming up with base heaters.

Paul

Smokeyja

Post by Smokeyja » Tue. Apr. 09, 2019 9:47 am

Sunny Boy wrote:
Mon. Jan. 21, 2019 12:18 am
Your looking to get another base heater ?

Have you tried asking members, Wilsonswoodstoves, or Pauliewog ? They have been coming up with base heaters.

Paul
Paul that comment was made in 2012 and I don’t even remember making it 😂. Anyways no I am not looking for another base heater at this time. My G6 is plenty for the house . I still need to restore my Richmond range.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”