Vigilant II Is Just Humming Along!!!

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. May. 27, 2018 9:18 am

Whoops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by freetown fred on Sun. May. 27, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. May. 27, 2018 9:20 am

Padre, outstanding to hear from ya. Sounds like you & your blushing bride are doing really well. :)
blrman07 wrote:
Sun. May. 27, 2018 9:03 am
Hi guys!!! Sitting right now in sunny Tupelo Mississippi. My wife and I decided that the cold was hurting our old bones too much so we moved. I DO MISS my Vig 2310. I tell people about it and they look at me like I am completely crazy. The big thing here is AC not heat and of course nobody burns coal except a farrier...

I sold my Vig to a couple that planned on putting it in their vacation home on top of a mountain in Kentucky and burning soft coal and wood. We are in an apartment complex but plan on getting a place of our own in a couple of years so I just might be getting another stove. I miss that constant steady heat on the cold mornings. Yes it does get cool if not really cold in NE Mississippi.

I'll be stopping in from time to time to catch up.

Rev. Larry

Rich W.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Vigilant Multi-Fuel (coal for me); Vermont Castings Vigilant 2310 in the shop
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: System 2000 Oil Burner; VC Resolute Woodstove (sold) Jotul 8 Woodstove (sold)

Post by Rich W. » Sun. May. 27, 2018 10:57 am

Good luck with your new lifestyle, and thanks for letting us know. Many here would’ve missed you and wondered about your absence!

Bucks coalburner
Hand Fed Coal Stove: vigilant II
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by Bucks coalburner » Mon. Jan. 31, 2022 9:57 am

Hi, New member here. I have been burning coal for 45 years plus. For the last 17 years I have been heating my house with a Vigilant II 2310. All of a sudden it will not burn unless I crack open the bottom ash door. I disassembled the inside parts and cleaned the ash with a shop vac. Reassembled and put in new firebrick. Cleaned out my flue pipe and checked my chimney. The stove will no longer even heat the room it is in let alone the entire house like it used to. I am I just replaced the front door gaskets and the top lid gasket. I am stumped as to why it will not burn. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Mon. Jan. 31, 2022 12:38 pm

Bucks coalburner wrote:
Mon. Jan. 31, 2022 9:57 am
Hi, New member here. I have been burning coal for 45 years plus. For the last 17 years I have been heating my house with a Vigilant II 2310. All of a sudden it will not burn unless I crack open the bottom ash door. I disassembled the inside parts and cleaned the ash with a shop vac. Reassembled and put in new firebrick. Cleaned out my flue pipe and checked my chimney. The stove will no longer even heat the room it is in let alone the entire house like it used to. I am I just replaced the front door gaskets and the top lid gasket. I am stumped as to why it will not burn. Any ideas?
Thanks
You are getting secondary air somewhere over your coal bed Check for cracks and recheck your door and glass gaskets to make sure that everything is buttoned up tight.
Let us know what you found and if you fixed it. There are a lot of people on here that can help you and would like to know what you found.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”