Duomatic Olsen

sands58

Post by sands58 » Mon. Jan. 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Thanks for the encouraging feedback everyone. I currently have the entire jacket removed and am doing a thorough inspection. One area that I did know about already was where the stack exits in the rear, moisture would collect when the stove was not being used in a flat spot and rusted through. I am cutting this section out and replacing it. I should get a good feel for the condition of the rest of the steel when I start welding on it. I am a bit overcautious when it comes to solid fuel heaters so if this does not prove to be sound I will probably scrap it. I also am not one to just discard something because it is old, after all my wife has not thrown me out yet!! :P

sands58

Post by sands58 » Mon. Jan. 02, 2012 8:42 pm

I have a question for those of you who have viewed the pictures. How deep would the coal be fed on a refuel. The firebrick comes up to the bottom of the door, about 12" deep.

stevesmith77

Post by stevesmith77 » Sun. Jan. 07, 2018 10:28 am

I’m new to the forum so forgive my ignorance.
I have been searching for replacement grates for this stove as well as replacement firebrick .
I’ve searched the web with no luck ,
Where may I find some parts for my ole Gal ??

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Jan. 07, 2018 10:34 am

Most of these things use a standard "split" firebrick available at your local brickyard for about $2 a piece. If it looks half as thick and the size of a standard brick, thats it.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Jan. 07, 2018 2:21 pm

sands58 wrote:
Mon. Jan. 02, 2012 8:42 pm
I have a question for those of you who have viewed the pictures. How deep would the coal be fed on a refuel. The firebrick comes up to the bottom of the door, about 12" deep.
Right to the top of the firebrick. Every time, no matter what.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”