Coal Stove Theft

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 5:44 pm

Fred,

I will see what I can do about the Pix for you.

Vinmaker

Post by Vinmaker » Tue. Dec. 13, 2011 7:43 pm

pics are nice. we all like pics :)

jjs777_fzr
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Penn Coal Stove & Chubby
Other Heating: CFM Wood Stove & Englander 25-PDVC Pellet Stove

Post by jjs777_fzr » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 8:11 am

wsherrick wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Guys, let's not forget the 99 & 44/100% of decent people that are out here--or should we all just run on paranoia which is pretty much what I'm reading here--ya never know who's casing the joint Louie--pleeeeze
I guess you have never been attacked in your home by intruders, I have. I was robbed and nearly beaten to death. It's not a good feeling. It's not paranoia, it is just being aware.
I'll bet the veiw from your Ivory Tower is pretty nice.
Sorry to hear wsherrick - the name looked familiar and I recall posting a comment on one of your vids. Now I find you here and that your in MA as well - small world.

homecomfort

Post by homecomfort » Thu. Jan. 12, 2012 10:57 pm

hangin' shooting, killing, over a stinking old piece of iron?? I was agreeing with you all about being trespassed and violated on your own property, but I prefer a laugh over violence. stolen pumpkin problem solved by hooking a 14kv oil burner ignition transformer to thin copper wire wrapped around pumpkin, spaced an inch apart, controlled by a simple light flasher, to pulse the current, would not want to "kill" the sobs. worked better than any tazer, the laugh was worth all of the effort, and works well on both libby pinkos as well as the other crooks. :lol:

jjs777_fzr

Post by jjs777_fzr » Sat. Jan. 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:Sucks.

Thanks for reminding me how desperate our society has become. :(.

If things don't change in 2-3 years they'll be walking around your (our) backyard(s) at night stealing anything not chained up.

ug
Yeah - now having met Mark today after splitting a load of coal - I'm pretty pissed someone made off with his stove.
Found a few on cl today and emailed him the list - but gonna be tough to tell one stove from the next I'm afraid.
I can easily see things deteriorating to the point that you describe with folks casually shopping in our back yards and worse - venturing into the home.
The right to keep and bear arms I believe is not just a right but a duty for the american citizen.

japar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearthmate

Post by japar » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 3:45 pm

My brother-in -law had a Chubby for sale for over a month. It was at my sisters vacant house on rt 44 in Seekonk Ma it was in the driveway with a for sale sign $200 and his phone #. My sister asked about the stove thinking she could use it in her cellar as a backup. When she asked she was told it was hers for free just go pick it up. When she got there it was gone. I am always losing scrap metal and batteries at my shop. Can't leave nothing out

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 5:11 pm

I had someone steal two old batteries about 2 months ago. Hell, they'll steal almost anything that ain't locked up. It would be good advice not to enter my house though. Won't have to worry about hangin' 'em if they do.

Eric L
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chappee 8033
Coal Size/Type: Nut Antracite

Post by Eric L » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 6:32 pm

I just want to point out that the stories about things disappearing from yards were all from Mass., and the story of the stolen tools was from NJ.

I am originally from NYC, and I can tell you that I grew up trained not to leave anything unsecured in the back yard because it might be gone tomorrow. You couldn't work on your car in front of your house without collecting your tools and taking them with you if you had to go inside to take a leak. I actually had the aluminum rain gutters stolen off a house I owned on Staten Island. Nobody saw a thing.
So... you guys who say, "One day your stuff won't be safe in your back yard..." That day is here, at least for some people.

Now that I live in Maine, where people don't lock their doors, and leave their keys in their cars, I've got to say that things are a bit different, and life is a little bit more "the way it should be."

My point, though, before I forget what I was saying, is to ask, "What do these jurisdictions (MA, NJ, NYC) have in common?"
If you answered, "They are the hardest places to get a gun in the whole US (well, other than DC and Chicago)," you'd be right.
I'm not certain whether Maine (or PA, or Upstate NY) people are necessarily any more honest (or whether they have a smaller percentage of bad apples), but I can say with a fair amount of confidence that around here, the average lowlife has to think about whether he wants to be staring into the sewerpipe-sized barrel of my .44, my .45, or my 12ga, while in a place like Mass., he doesn't need to trouble himself with such unpleasant thoughts.

It's a sad comment, but a true one, and seems to have been true throughout history.

- Eric

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 15, 2012 7:31 pm

It's like what's been said for years & years Eric. When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. :(

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 12:17 am

They picked up some MS-13 down here in the hood...
Sleepy 'ol Cape Cod has the big city problems...
30 years ago it was unlocked houses and keys in the car also...
No more...
Going to need a CCW next...
Some dumb ass was tail gating me...
So I tapped the brakes...
They blew past me...
Then jerked the car back in front of me...
They forgot the snow on the side of the road...
They ended up with an E-ticket ride...
Good thing no other cars were heading in the other direction...
Just called the cops and let them know what happened...
Three cruisers and an ambulance...
Based on the out of state plates I figgured they were doing business with some folks I did not want to meet...

jjs777_fzr

Post by jjs777_fzr » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 2:31 am

Eric L wrote:...the average lowlife has to think about whether he wants to be staring into the sewerpipe-sized barrel of my .44, my .45, or my 12ga, while in a place like Mass., he doesn't need to trouble himself with such unpleasant thoughts.
- Eric
I almost felt under powered there for a moment - ummm - well - almost

.380, 9mm, .357Mag, .41Mag, .45 and 20ga - and there's always room for one more :)

-John

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 5:34 am

.380, 9mm, .357Mag, .41Mag, .45 and 20ga - and there's always room for one more

-John
Personal tactical nukes, the NRA might get those approved too.

ONEDOLLAR
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2014 Chubby Prototype
Coal Size/Type: Nut/Anthracite

Post by ONEDOLLAR » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 10:36 am

Eric

It isn't just the fact that a Gun permit is hard to get here, it has more to do with the overall Liberal mentality when it comes to crime. The Pinko's seem to think that crime and those who commit it, are they themselves victims and as such deserve pitty, love, hugs and big sweet kiss on the lips after all is said and done. :sick: Meanwhile the "real victims" are at fault themselves somehow if for nothing more than some bogus "class warfare" argument.

This leftist mentality is so entrenched into the system that we are vastly approaching a point of no return. Just last month in Swampscott, MA a homeowner was charged for beating the living $%^^# out of a perp he caught breaking into his truck. This perp was a well known problem to everyone as well. The local police chief quipped that it was the Police Departments job to curtail crime not the citizens and charged the man with assault. Thankfully a reasonable clerk at the Court House and the DA's office tossed the charges. Thus sending the Police chief a much needed message at the same time. When citizens are no longer allowed to protect themselves, their property or family without fear of being charged criminally themselves then we have created a situation that is one that cannot be easily fixed.

Even if the thieves that stole my coal stove are caught, not much if anything will happen to them and thus round and round we go. The criminals face little or no punishment if caught, regular law abiding citizens are strongly discouraged from doing anything to help deter crime and are punished at times if they do and the criminals know this and as such become embolden in their behavior. At what point to we say enough is enough? :idea:
Last edited by ONEDOLLAR on Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post by SuperBeetle » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 12:07 pm

coalnewbie wrote:
.380, 9mm, .357Mag, .41Mag, .45 and 20ga - and there's always room for one more

-John
Personal tactical nukes, the NRA might get those approved too.
Like I asked you before...................who do you think is going to protect you and your loved ones? If you think it's the police then think again. I hope you never need protected from anyone. Some of us choose to protect our families and we are law abiding citizens who choose to exercise our RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. You choose not to do that and that's fine with me. Your comment about the Personal tactical nukes is just plain stupid and shows you are not thinking very clearly.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Mon. Jan. 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Right on onedollar that's why the left always let's convicted criminals go free, never mind I got that wrong, so what a couple more murderers won't make that much difference will they? Guess we can just shut down the judicial system as well, another unnecessary branch of Gov. found.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”