I Thought I Would Share. Hot Blast #153 Restoration

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Jul. 07, 2012 8:34 pm

This stove is now for sale.

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sat. Jul. 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Very sorry :!: The stove looks so good after the restoration you did on it. Is it possible to know why you sell it :?:

tiderow

Post by tiderow » Sat. Sep. 15, 2012 4:22 pm

I have question, I have a Hot Blast 53 there are three big openings in top of stove, the what is the fancy tube opening at top? There are two oval openings. One you show that has a partially covered with a design on it and the other is completely open. Someone told me that there is an opening for a tube to a second level. Thanks Jean

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sat. Sep. 15, 2012 4:51 pm

tiderow wrote:I have question, I have a Hot Blast 53 there are three big openings in top of stove, the what is the fancy tube opening at top? There are two oval openings. One you show that has a partially covered with a design on it and the other is completely open. Someone told me that there is an opening for a tube to a second level. Thanks Jean
If the things look like these on the small G.Bride, your stove is a double heater and the fancy exit is to put a pipe on it to send heat to the second level.
Hope it helps.

Attachments

DSC04207.JPG
.JPG | 84KB | DSC04207.JPG

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Sun. Sep. 16, 2012 2:05 am

tiderow wrote:I have question, I have a Hot Blast 53 there are three big openings in top of stove, the what is the fancy tube opening at top? There are two oval openings. One you show that has a partially covered with a design on it and the other is completely open. Someone told me that there is an opening for a tube to a second level. Thanks Jean
Your hot blast is a double heater. That is, it is both a radiant stove and a convective stove at the same time. The second opening at the top is to allow heated air to flow out of the top of the stove. Cold air is brought in near the bottom of the stove and is heated in a tube in the back. These work very well and increase the overall capacity of the stove by quite a bit.

tiderow

Post by tiderow » Wed. Oct. 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I have a Florence Hot Blast that I totally broke apart and have restored just about everyting with exception of the Nickel Plating. I have question, I am curious before I get tis sealed up if I am missing anything on the damper. Here is a photo of the damper. Another question is what is the large screw supposed to open and how? I know it screws into the box in back but looks as something is missing. Something opens and closes. Thanks for any help! Tiderow

Attachments

FlorenceHotBlastDamper.jpg
.JPG | 230.3KB | FlorenceHotBlastDamper.jpg

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Wed. Oct. 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Do you have all three parts shown here in this photo, the box that attaches to the firepot, the door which is held in by the big screw. You are also missing the two over air vents .

Attachments

IMG_2506.JPG
.JPG | 131.9KB | IMG_2506.JPG
IMG_4606.JPG
.JPG | 131.9KB | IMG_4606.JPG
IMG_4608.JPG
.JPG | 140.1KB | IMG_4608.JPG

tiderow

Post by tiderow » Sat. Nov. 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey grumpy,

Thanks very much for replying. Ok, first, I have the model 53/153 the first photo you showed is the model 77, the front doors, correct? Second, in your photo you show the box, which looks exacly like mine, AND the cover to the box. I DO NOT HAVE THE COVER, which has the patent date on it stamped I assume. I have the big screw

tiderow

Post by tiderow » Sat. Nov. 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok, the last photo you show you have the four pieces, don't know what they are called but I have those.

tiderow

Post by tiderow » Sat. Nov. 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Grumpy

What is the piece in the next to the last photo to the left of the firebox? In the first photo, again, it looks like you have the doors to the front of stove, one on top and the other on bottom?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”