Harman Mark 3

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Aug. 14, 2011 9:33 pm

anthony7812 wrote:I would like to pull out the ss liner and say there done with that, but I am unsure if I'll have drafts problems without it. Like I said 8x12 clay without the 8 inch liner. What do you guys think?
My opinion: Leave the ss liner for now. If it deteriorates in a few years -- and it may not -- then you can remove it and worry about the draft then. Why cause a potential draft problem now before you need to?

Yes, install a baro.

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Sep. 17, 2011 8:51 am

Jesus it got a lil chilly last night, well today picken up some stove pipe and a 6 to 8inch adapt. . Im gonna look around for a cover plate for the fireplace and attach the 6 to 8adapt in the cover if I can find one. Anyone else work this type of setup. Thought I would drop some anchors into the brick and screw it fast with some high temp caulk around the edges, should eliminate excessive room draft im thinking plus look a lot "tidier".

anthony7812
Stoker Coal Boiler: VanWert VA 400
Coal Size/Type: Buck/Anthracite

Post by anthony7812 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Advice... I run about a 4 foot horizontal out of back of stove then a 90 to my liner. Can I install a baro on this horizontal span? I have what appears to be a ton of draft not positive without a manometer but will soon be able to check ;) . The horizontal span has about 1/4 to 3/8 rise to the 90 so it is a touch offset as per Harman recommendations.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sat. Oct. 08, 2011 2:25 pm

anthony7812 wrote:... a 4 foot horizontal out of back of stove then a 90 to my liner. Can I install a baro on this horizontal span?
http://www.fieldcontrols.com/pdfs/DC01575700.pdf

Yes, you can. Make sure to put it where you can reach it for adjustment. Above link is for a Field Controls RC instruction manual, which says
"CHOOSING THE LOCATION
Do not attach draft control to top or bottom of the flue pipe, nor in room separated from appliance. Best
location is as close to appliances as possible."

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”