My "New" Gibraltar LCC, Need Inside Pics

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. May. 18, 2011 8:47 am

Thinker wrote:heres the pic
The two larger plates are the sides brick holders the two shorter ones go over top of the two larger ones for the sides
lay the larger ones in first then stick bricks in then put the shorter plates in over top of bricks to hold them in place
Your two coal banking bars are warped from over firing the stove need to buy new ones coal banking bar retaining plate should be welded back in place The long cast iron back firebrick retaining bar hold the bricks in place in the back goes on top of bricks

dtzackus
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar LCC

Post by dtzackus » Thu. May. 19, 2011 2:22 pm

Those two pieces are to hold the side firebricks from falling down. I'll send a picture tomorrow. I just completely broke it down and going to PB Oil them tomorrow.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Fri. May. 20, 2011 9:38 am

dtzackus wrote:Those two pieces are to hold the side firebricks from falling down. I'll send a picture tomorrow. I just completely broke it down and going to PB Oil them tomorrow.
I thnik I told him that in my post above :P

dtzackus
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar LCC

Post by dtzackus » Sun. May. 22, 2011 10:09 am

J.C., for whatever reason I did not see that. O well, I would never take anything away from the Gibraltar master, as I am only a novice... lol

Just broke it down and oiled her up. I would like to replace the gaskets and both glasses, so when do you want to come over for a beer or four?

lol Dan

Thinker

Post by Thinker » Thu. Oct. 06, 2011 1:46 am

Just thought I would update... here's what the stove looks like now, I'm trying to sell it since I don't want to have to do a chimney, changed my mind :-P, thinking about a pellet stove instead. Had everything welded and bought new banker bars, put in new firebrick, and am having an ash pan made.

Attachments

IMG_9952.JPG
.JPG | 131.6KB | IMG_9952.JPG
IMG_9945.JPG
.JPG | 114.8KB | IMG_9945.JPG

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”