Still Burning

Dirty Steve
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil- Off line

Post by Dirty Steve » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 9:21 am

This weather is not helping the coal bin. :mad: Have about 400 lbs left. Using 1.5- 5 gallon pails a day for the past few days. I have the bin cleaned out and coal in pails. Thinking about buying 8 ton this coming week to fill the bin and get ahead of any price increases. We have not had a good heat wave yet to see if I'm smart enough to keep the KA-6 running to make DHW. That is my plan for summer unless I cook us out of the house. What are the rest of your thoughts on pricing for this fall/winter. You folks buying early?

Steve

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 9:26 am

I always buy early ....because the price always goes up in the fall. At least here it does. Then I get it all in the basement, & I don't have to worry about a thing in the fall. 8-)

I let the stove go out last week, but had to relight a few days ago. Getting tired of this crap! I just want to clean it out & be done with heating till December. :x House was 58° ..... that sucks when your used to 70°.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 9:59 am

Already got my coal for next season--what SMITTY said ;) snowin & blowin here on the hill this AM---interesting NYS spring :)

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Another hundred tons ordered, local folks can't complain about having enough inventory for them. Smitty says the expression in AZ was "come early, come often". It that is what it takes, then that is good advice, don't wait until November 20th to start stocking up.
Still burning? Hell yah! 33 degrees today and 40mph winds.....like being up on Tugg Hill! Some of us burn all year....so those who don't, think about a stoker boiler, and 'keep your powder dry all summa!' This year it looks like 11 months of winta and 1 month of damned poor sleddin'. Ask Freetown Fred, buds on the trees? Nope, still frost in the ground. I did notice, however that Lake Winnipasaukee is declared "Ice Out" three days ago. Jump in, the water is fine! 32.5 degrees.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Apr. 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Last time I did Bike Week at Laconia--it was around June & the friggin Lake was still damn near 30 something--of course maybe I was spending too much time in the Sportsman Inn & it just felt that way. toothy WN, we got frost, buds, snow, grass about needing mowing--WTF ;) ---I wish Tugg Hill would keep this stuff up north

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”