Which Would You Prefer?

Muss44

Post by Muss44 » Thu. Feb. 24, 2011 12:21 pm

i have a little smaller the an 2000sq foot home. It is older and there is plenty of door and passage ways for the heat to get around. I do have ceiling fans in most of the rooms which would be nice to use, but it would be nice to use the blower on the stove when it gets real cold. I live in south eastern PA, so it usally isn't abnormally cold, but there are nights already this year were we have been in the single digits. We are putting the stove on the first floor, because there is no way to get a stove to the basement, let alone try to tend it down there. My friend is buying a mark II today for his place, so I am interested to see how it works. Either way I have to agree with a prior article, its nice on cold mornings to see everyone around me burning oil and I have the house at 75. I just need something better then my potbelly..... One thing to add, I plan on moving in a few years to a bigger home, I would rather buy a slightly larger stove for my house now and then have it for my next house, rather then replacing it right away..... Just random thoughts....

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Feb. 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Now that I have some facts to work with--personaly, I think the Hitzer 50-93 would be your best bet---considering the move to a bigger house---as far as the blower/fan--mine is in reality, very quiet--a low hum on low speed. Like I said before,it has to be in the single digets for me to even use it & then it's real nice to have. I normally just keep my ceiling fan on low sucking upward & that you can't hear at all & it distributes the heat nicely--not that it won't radiate nicely,but, this old farm house is real broken up space wise. Later my friend

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Thu. Feb. 24, 2011 3:00 pm

With the Hitzer 50-93 you won't heat yourself out of a 2000 sq. ft. home until it gets quite warm outside. Planning for your move is wise too.
From all I read the Harmons are good stoves too. One of the resident Harman experts can probably give you good advise on which size to buy if you go the Harman route. I am moving soon also, and taking my Hitzer with me.

TCOAL

Post by TCOAL » Thu. Feb. 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Just got my gas bill for Feb. The gas company lowered my budget gas bill to $ 61.00 a month. Burning a DVC-500 7 room house in northeastern Pa.
DVC heats entire house. Had to install a gas wall unit in basement so my water pipes don't freeze because my furnace never turns on. COAL STOVE FOR ME WAS A GREAT INVESTMENT.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”