Harman Blower Online

dutman18

Post by dutman18 » Sat. Feb. 19, 2011 8:07 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy a Harman tlc 2000 blower online??? Thanks

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 7:07 am

Grainger, ElectricMotorWarehouse, Ebay, etc....if you know the part number, you should be able to find one online at various places. It's probably a Dayton or Fasco. Those are the 2 most common blower motors on most stoves.

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 8:05 am

It's a 150 CFM.

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 12:11 pm

I have the one I purchased from the dealer about two weeks after I bought the stove. Its a variable speed 135 CFM blower. I don't know the part number. If I can find the paperwork I will post it.

New Hope Engineer
Coal Size/Type: Nut pea

Post by New Hope Engineer » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 1:11 pm

my blower just crapped out too yesterday,looks like a trip down the road to grainger for me. :mad:

dutman18

Post by dutman18 » Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 2:29 pm

That work be great if you could post me the part number off the blower because the stove I got did not come with a blower I think I want one. I found some that looks like they will fit from the dimensions I have. I was also wondering if the blower has to be have a high temperature blower Thanks???

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 12:35 am

About Temp. Rating on motor...regular duty is good for an ambient temp of 104*F...ambient being surrounding temp. where motor is located.

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 5:56 pm

dutman18 wrote:That work be great if you could post me the part number off the blower because the stove I got did not come with a blower I think I want one. I found some that looks like they will fit from the dimensions I have. I was also wondering if the blower has to be have a high temperature blower Thanks???
I couldn't find the paperwork but I looked at the blower on the stove and its a Dayton blower. I had to use a mirror to see it because its between the blower and the stove and its upside down.
I couldn't see a model number, (old eyes) but I looked on Graingers site and the model number that looks like the same blower is Dayton 2C647. I hope this helps but the stove is to hot to fool around taking the blower off. If you want to make it variable speed go to Home Depot or Lowe's or a local hardware store for the wire and switch. My blower came all set up to just plug in. You can also try your Harman dealer. I seem to remember it cost about $155 from the dealer complete. Good Luck.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/oem-specialty-bl ... 0xZ1z13ntg

Vangellis
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Olix Air Flo
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by Vangellis » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 6:27 pm

EasyRay wrote: If you want to make it variable speed go to Home Depot or Lowe's or a local hardware store for the wire and switch. My blower came all set up to just plug in. You can also try your Harman dealer. I seem to remember it cost about $155 from the dealer complete. Good Luck.
Just curious as to the "wire and switch" that you can get to make it variable speed. The new fan I just purchased says it is not recommended for variable speed. Does that mean
it can be converted to variable, just that it may not function as well as one made to be variable. Sorry if this sounds confusing. :P

The fan was the 1TDR3 shown in the grainger link.

Anyway, what type of wire and switch would one need?

Thanks, Kevin

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Vangellis wrote:
EasyRay wrote: If you want to make it variable speed go to Home Depot or Lowe's or a local hardware store for the wire and switch. My blower came all set up to just plug in. You can also try your Harman dealer. I seem to remember it cost about $155 from the dealer complete. Good Luck.
Just curious as to the "wire and switch" that you can get to make it variable speed. The new fan I just purchased says it is not recommended for variable speed. Does that mean
it can be converted to variable, just that it may not function as well as one made to be variable. Sorry if this sounds confusing. :P

Thanks, Kevin
I'm not very good with blowers as to different phase blowers and the needed hardware. Thats why I ask at the place I purchase as to what is needed. Thats another reason why I went with Harman's blower set up. Replacing and hooking up an existing blower is a piece of cake.
Here's a picture of Harman's blower set up for my stove.

Attachments

P1010533.jpg
.JPG | 115.5KB | P1010533.jpg

dutman18

Post by dutman18 » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Thank you for all the in put I just purchased a blower off of the grainger site and I hope to put a variable to install a variable resistor after I receive it. :)

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Let us know how it works out. Harman's blower also has a screen across its intake. Which one did you order?

Vangellis

Post by Vangellis » Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 10:42 pm

EasyRay wrote:
Vangellis wrote: Just curious as to the "wire and switch" that you can get to make it variable speed. The new fan I just purchased says it is not recommended for variable speed. Does that mean

Thanks, Kevin
I'm not very good with blowers as to different phase blowers and the needed hardware. Thats why I ask at the place I purchase as to what is needed. Thats another reason why I went with Harman's blower set up. Replacing and hooking up an existing blower is a piece of cake.
Here's a picture of Harman's blower set up for my stove.
Thanks for the reply. No rush for this so I will be checking it out and see if it is feasible. Is it a necessity? No.
Would it be nice to have, Yes.

Kevin

dutman18

Post by dutman18 » Tue. Feb. 22, 2011 7:18 pm

i ordered the dayton 2c647 that blower looked like all the dimensions lined up with the holes in the stove

Vangellis

Post by Vangellis » Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 12:50 am

EasyRay wrote:Let us know how it works out. Harman's blower also has a screen across its intake. Which one did you order?
My new blower did not have a screen over the intake, but my old one did.
I didn't think there was any reason that I would need the screen on it........then one of our cats went
went walking by. :idea: I took the screen off the old one and put it on the new unit.

Besides keeping the cats paws out of there, what other purposes is the screen for?

Kevin

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”