Harman Blower Online

EasyRay
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000
Coal Size/Type: Pea,Nut or Stove

Post by EasyRay » Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 9:31 am

Vangellis wrote:
EasyRay wrote:Let us know how it works out. Harman's blower also has a screen across its intake. Which one did you order?
My new blower did not have a screen over the intake, but my old one did.
I didn't think there was any reason that I would need the screen on it........then one of our cats went
went walking by. :idea: I took the screen off the old one and put it on the new unit.

Besides keeping the cats paws out of there, what other purposes is the screen for?

Kevin
If to much stuff builds up on the blades it will throw the blower off balance . It will start to make a pulsating sound. I just shut it off and blow it out with compressed air.I cover the exhaust on top off the stove with damp towels to trap the dust or it would go all over the place. I think the screen just keeps out the bigger stuff.
We have a cat and two dogs.

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 9:41 am

dutman18 wrote:i ordered the dayton 2c647 that blower looked like all the dimensions lined up with the holes in the stove
Yes.... That looked like the same one on my stove according to the specs. Let us know how everything works out.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 9:56 am

The screen is good for keeping clumps of cat fur out of there ... which will do the same thing as dirt buildup - only faster.

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 10:17 am

Actually my Yellow Lab is a bigger problem than the cat. He has thick ,short, heavy fur and sheds a lot this time of year. When that gets in the blower it slows it down a bunch. I don't just brush him but I also use the vacuum on him and he likes it.

dutman18

Post by dutman18 » Thu. Feb. 24, 2011 7:37 pm

The blower that I got from grainger worked out just fine it fits nicely. I had to drill out the bolt holes a little so that it would bolt to stove perfectly, but I think it was just all the paint in the hole thanks for all you help. The blower makes a big difference.

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Fri. Feb. 25, 2011 9:57 am

Do you run it as a simple on or off or as a variable speed? I don't think I have ever run my blower up to half speed, but I guess that would depend on the open area your trying to move the air in.

EasyRay

Post by EasyRay » Thu. Sep. 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Picture of the label on the blower for the Harman TLC 2000. This is the original blower ordered from a Harman Dealer. It came with a variable speed switch.

Attachments

P9282174.JPG
.JPG | 152.7KB | P9282174.JPG

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Sat. Feb. 19, 2022 10:16 am

EasyRay wrote:
Thu. Sep. 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Picture of the label on the blower for the Harman TLC 2000. This is the original blower ordered from a Harman Dealer. It came with a variable speed switch.
I tried that number and the other smaller numbers with Dayton cross list and no go. I think they make the motor exclusivity for Harmon/Legacy and that might be their part number. Funny the smaller numbers didn't cross either. It looks like the Dayton 2C647 Rectangular Oem Blower, 1350/1550 Rpm, 1 Phase, Direct, Steel is the closest that they have I wonder what the Fasco cross would be?

Hounds51
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 2 Legacy TLC 2000 one in the upper and 1 in the lower part of the house
Coal Size/Type: Wood and pea, nut ,stove and egg coal

Post by Hounds51 » Sat. Feb. 19, 2022 10:26 am

Sorry for bringing up this old postI meant for this to be posted with my current post

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”