Looking for Used Coal Stove

Modern and vintage hand fired coal stove are similar to a wood stove and in some cases can burn either. They need to be regulated and fed by hand usually every 12 to 24 hours depending on your usage. They require no power to operate making them ideal for rural settings with long power outages.
Howudoin2427
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93

Post Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 3:41 am

Hello everybody. I was wondering if anybody knew of any stores that sold newer used stoves for a reasonable price in western mass. I live in chicopee, ma. I am installing a older coal stove, but I was thinking about it and kind of think I mine as well purchase a newer stove but am not looking to spend crazy money seeing ill be spending about a thousand on chimney and such already trying to keep the cost down. Thanks
Tom

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post Tue. Feb. 01, 2011 7:58 am

Ahhh man, don't give up on BEN :) ---but--craigs list--local swap sheets, etc,etc. There out there,you just gotta look--call any dealers around you & ask--nothing ventured,nothing gained--I'm sure some Mass/closer to you, people will get in here
"A people that values it's privileges above it's principals, soon loses both"--Dwight D Eisenhower

Visit Hitzer Stoves

Wiggles1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning
Coal Size/Type: nut
Stove/Furnace Make: Warm morning

Post Thu. Nov. 07, 2013 2:33 pm

There is caused coal stove shop near you in three river near palmer ma called coal stoves and more phone number 413 284 4334they are open tues-sat. 10-6 they also sell coal and are very reasonable

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”