VC Resolute Wood/Coal Stoves

Supersport

Post by Supersport » Sun. Jan. 02, 2011 3:11 pm

I seem to recall VC having several revisions/marketing of the model "Resolute" wood/coal stove. My inquiry below is with regards to the revision when they sort of cloned the Vigilant stove, having the Resolute change from a single drop-down door to left/right doors...

Any ideas where I might be able to get a right-side door for my Wood/Coal Resolute Stove? This is circa 79, if I recall correctly, VC had just gone away from the single drop down door, to the double doors (similiar to the Vigilant). My problem is the right door glass, had two screws which held the glass in place. One of the mounting holes had to be drilled out when it's screw binded and snapped.
I was unable to re-tap the hole successfully, after using an easy-out and drill to get the broken screw out of the hole. Therefore, I am stuck with too big a hole, and can't seem to tap threads into the casting. Not sure how to do that, so I begin looking for a replacement door.

Luckily, in the meantime, I have "jury-rigged" mounting for the glass for the past year or so, but I would rather change the door. I love my stove and just can't part with it!

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Jan. 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”