Glacier Bay Insert Fan?

aspenglass

Post by aspenglass » Sat. Dec. 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Sorry in advance if I post this in the wrong place. I recently picked up a glacier bay insert. it had been modified to run two 4"dayton blowers on the sides to heat house from basement. being it is in my living room now, the fans are overkill(noise and draft). I took off one side and put dimmer on the remaining fan. am wondering if any one has info on where to find an original blower for this model or any ideas for other options, will try to attach photo

Thank You for any help!!!

Jim
2.jpg
.JPG | 40.9KB | 2.jpg

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Dec. 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Put a rheostat on it and slow it down, otherwise, go to Electric Motor Warehouse or Grainger, they have tons of blowers/fans.
You should be able to find something online

PC 12-47E
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Post by PC 12-47E » Sat. Dec. 18, 2010 9:56 pm

aspenglass wrote:Sorry in advance if I post this in the wrong place. I recently picked up a glacier bay insert. it had been modified to run two 4"dayton blowers on the sides to heat house from basement. being it is in my living room now, the fans are overkill(noise and draft). I took off one side and put dimmer on the remaining fan. am wondering if any one has info on where to find an original blower for this model or any ideas for other options, will try to attach photo

Jim
The attachment 2.jpg is no longer available
Hi aspenglass, Welcome to the Coal Forum....
Look for fans for a Gibraltar insert, they are the same stove....The Glacier Bay is a great stove and is built very well... I think your stove is the CFI model.
Burning coal keeps you warm,
Eddie

Attachments

2.jpg
.JPG | 40.9KB | 2.jpg
GibraltorManual%5B1%5D[1].pdf
.PDF | 1.1MB | GibraltorManual%5B1%5D[1].pdf
Gilbraltar_Manual[1].pdf
.PDF | 4.9MB | Gilbraltar_Manual[1].pdf

tstove

Post by tstove » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 10:26 am

I agree,I have a gibralter cfi,got replacement fans at grainger!
PC 12-47E wrote:
aspenglass wrote:Sorry in advance if I post this in the wrong place. I recently picked up a glacier bay insert. it had been modified to run two 4"dayton blowers on the sides to heat house from basement. being it is in my living room now, the fans are overkill(noise and draft). I took off one side and put dimmer on the remaining fan. am wondering if any one has info on where to find an original blower for this model or any ideas for other options, will try to attach photo

Jim
2.jpg
Hi aspenglass, Welcome to the Coal Forum....
Look for fans for a Gibraltar insert, they are the same stove....The Glacier Bay is a great stove and is built very well... I think your stove is the CFI model.
Burning coal keeps you warm,
Eddie

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 11:20 am

Jim
2.jpg
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fasco/fasco_blower.htm

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/68/catalogs/Wood ... rence.html

aspenglass

Post by aspenglass » Sun. Dec. 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for the info, when I bought the stove it was packed into fire place with fiberglass insulation, should I have done that too?

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”