Coal Usage Question HYFIRE II -One Burner Vs. Two

newHYFIRE2guy

Post by newHYFIRE2guy » Wed. Dec. 15, 2010 8:51 am

Burning a Hyfire II and I think I have already found the answer to this....but.....In your opinions (all you out there) do you burn more coal with both burners going even though theoretically the stove is not working as hard to keep up temperature demand?

We recently fired up the second burner and found that the FR went way down -VICTORY! we thought -the answer to our insane coal usage was under our nose all along!

That is until we got a few days into it and I realized that we were burning almost double the coal.

That is logically what I would expect, but with the FR going lower I was hopeful that we would go through less coal overall.

your thoughts.......

thanks, josh

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Dec. 15, 2010 12:43 pm

I never really check it, yes the FT goes down, due to the extra heat being produced, but it probably is a wash.

1 Burner producing 90K BTU running FULL BLAST (FR99) vs. 2 Burners running 45K BTU running (FR50) as an example, you are probably still burning the same amount of coal. But now, if you are running FR99, you are running 180K BTU output, so it heats faster! :)

I fire up my second burner, when the first one can't keep up (FR>60+) and the temps don't seem to rise fast enough.

newHYFIRE2guy

Post by newHYFIRE2guy » Thu. Dec. 16, 2010 3:41 pm

that makes sense, Thanks

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”