I Miss My Handfed

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Mon. Oct. 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Funny but true story. I'm back with my ex wife! We divorced 15 years ago and hadn't seen each other in all that time. We ran into each other in February and the rest,.....is history! She does shovel manure while wearing overalls and can wip up gourmet meals from whatever is left in the pantry! Isn't afraid to squat and squirt in the woods either! I guess we both eventually came to the conclusion that you never know what you have until it's gone. PS: It was her idea to get the stoker boiler after I told her how much $$$ it would save and that the house would be toasty warm this winter. Her family USED to own a fuel oil delivery and heating company and she was used to getting the oil for free. The company went belly up several years ago and the COLD, hard reality of having to pay for oil set in. She just loves me for my stoker! Lol! It's all good though. Every once in a while in life,.....you can get a do over!

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Tue. Oct. 22, 2013 6:43 pm

franco b wrote:
wsherrick wrote:Oh, well, Hearts and Flowers for all of ya'll :cry:

Thank you for that simple bit of Victoriana brought to me by incredibly complex electronics. You Victorian guys are pretty slick with the latest gadgets as well as the old stuff. Well done.
Thanks franco. And I know you can grasp the humor behind it that maybe most nowadays miss.

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Tue. Oct. 22, 2013 9:54 pm

Carbon12 wrote:Funny but true story. I'm back with my ex wife! We divorced 15 years ago and hadn't seen each other in all that time. We ran into each other in February and the rest,.....is history! She does shovel manure while wearing overalls and can wip up gourmet meals from whatever is left in the pantry! Isn't afraid to squat and squirt in the woods either! I guess we both eventually came to the conclusion that you never know what you have until it's gone. PS: It was her idea to get the stoker boiler after I told her how much $$$ it would save and that the house would be toasty warm this winter. Her family USED to own a fuel oil delivery and heating company and she was used to getting the oil for free. The company went belly up several years ago and the COLD, hard reality of having to pay for oil set in. She just loves me for my stoker! Lol! It's all good though. Every once in a while in life,.....you can get a do over!
amazing story I loved hearing! TY

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post by Carbon12 » Mon. Oct. 28, 2013 10:42 pm

Ok,..stoker makes the house nice and toasty. No fan noise in the the room. Spousal unit happy. I do miss my hand fed though. Something about tinkering with it, measuring draft, stack temperature, air settings. I especially miss sitting right in front of it until I can't stand the heat any longer. Really going to have to hard sell the coal burning fireplace insert for power outage emergencies! Yeah the Generator can be quick wired to run the stoker but that would be too much fuss! Lol!

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Mon. Oct. 28, 2013 10:46 pm

Just got my stoker boiler running tonight!

For the record, I do NOT miss my hand fired! Been running it all week on bugs .... errr ... I mean, wood. :lol:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”