Hitzer and Chubby Both up and Running Great

smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95

Post by smokeyCityTeacher » Thu. Nov. 11, 2010 5:29 pm

I really love the Hitzer, efficient and controllable. Runs for a couple days on one load.

The Chubby requires a bit more fuss but its OK since I light it when I get home from work and let it burn out over night cause it is stationed in the living room.

ariesheat

Post by ariesheat » Fri. Nov. 19, 2010 9:51 pm

I just bought a 50/93 waiting on it to get here. what size is your flu? I read a Hitzer instructions online and it says the flu should be 8 inches but the stove outlet is 6, wonder what is up with that?

smokeyCityTeacher
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95

Post by smokeyCityTeacher » Mon. Nov. 22, 2010 6:13 pm

ariesheat wrote:I just bought a 50/93 waiting on it to get here. what size is your flu? I read a Hitzer instructions online and it says the flu should be 8 inches but the stove outlet is 6, wonder what is up with that?
my flu is bigger than 8 inches ( 10"x10") but the hitzer outlet is 6"
I have a baro for the hitzer but its not installed yet since I am still burning a lot of wood in it until winter arrives full time. it has great draft and seems to be working fine for me.
Dont worry about the size of the flu, thats what the baro will compensate for as long as you have good draft.
If you burn a lot of wood in it during the edges of winter like I do, disconnect the baro cause you don't want a chim fire getting full bore.
As soon as you are burning coal only, install your baro and it will make up for a big chimney.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”