1 Match Club

Hot Rocks
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Hyfire II
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Water Coil

Post by Hot Rocks » Sat. Oct. 30, 2010 7:06 am

I will most likely never be in the 1 match club. IMO matches are way cheaper than running any other heating system. We all burn coal to save money & keep our places warmer than most people.If it gets a little chilly out I say light up, if it gets warm shut down. I say we start a new club it will be called my heater did not run club. If any one needs more matches I can send you some :lol:

DonnaK

Post by DonnaK » Sat. Oct. 30, 2010 9:50 am

Started up last night and it sure is toasty in here this morning. It was just too darn cold in the house and I hate the sound of the oil furnace steam radiators hissing when there's coal in the bin. Last year I started on November 5th so no too much earlier.

lobstah
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby

Post by lobstah » Sat. Oct. 30, 2010 3:36 pm

I lit the match this morning and started the Chubby in the house. Outside temp. about 46 degrees in southern Maine. Ran a wood fire in stove last week in the shop chimney to get polish and new stovepipe smoke off. Chubby running at 300 degrees, stack temp is 110 degrees.

Don

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Oct. 31, 2010 10:49 am

My stoker fired right up with 1 match!! Only supposed to to in 40's all week!! :)

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Sun. Oct. 31, 2010 11:05 pm

The One Match Club has been banned in MA. Turns out it makes those who can't afford matches crazy with envy. And they recently discovered that matches lead to obesity, heart disease & severe pain to the democrat base. An EPA report will be forthcoming ... :mrgreen:

slovak

Post by slovak » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi; Keep it crankin, thats how I can Tell the coal burners in these parts. By the open windows and doors. Notice how 70 normally feels ? but... 70 provided by coal heat is kinda different, much warmer. Most folks do notice this. I guess coal heat is .. what ?... warmer ? could that be. Shure feels lke it.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Got mine going a few days ago, one match, it does count if I used it to light the wick on one of those coal mice doesn`t it? The wick was a little hard to get going the thing was at least four years old. Forgot that the guy that installed the stove left a few, I`m gonna have to get a few more.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh patooie--Smitty get with hot rocks--he's giving out matches--make sure he sends them in a plain brown envelope :lol:
SMITTY wrote:The One Match Club has been banned in MA. Turns out it makes those who can't afford matches crazy with envy. And they recently discovered that matches lead to obesity, heart disease & severe pain to the democrat base. An EPA report will be forthcoming ... :mrgreen:

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”