Fireplace Insert in a Mobile Home

Sting
Other Heating: OBSO Lennox Pulse "Air Scorcher" burning NG

Post by Sting » Fri. Sep. 24, 2010 11:18 am

lowfog01 wrote:
Hi Sting, I suggest you take a little of your own advise.
(snip)
before you advise people to "not cast unfounded dispersions" it maybe wise to remember while you do have a wide variety of experiences, you haven't seen it all. Very respectfully, Lisa
so let me attempt to reply as graciously as wsherrick wrote

NOT>>>>>>> :lol:

- you are correct in directing me to stick to what I know , I do not post any advice to the folks that huddle around there little air scorching stoves - I have no help for them, so I stick to what I know not what I "think".

Sometimes....

I "think" this is simple entertainment for me -- keeps me off focus of my 9 to 5 - 24/7. I don't expect everyone to deal well with that. Some will find solace in my sermons -- and some will not. Happens across the country every Sunday too. As a moderator - you have the tools to edit or delete as you wish. I found out a few posts ago -there is no democracy here. Love it or leave it or delete it (as I cannot) or move on.

OK -- point taken --- Ill go lay by my dish.

Kind Regards
Sting

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Fri. Sep. 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Sting wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:
Hi Sting, I suggest you take a little of your own advise.
(snip)
before you advise people to "not cast unfounded dispersions" it maybe wise to remember while you do have a wide variety of experiences, you haven't seen it all. Very respectfully, Lisa
so let me attempt to reply as graciously as wsherrick wrote

NOT>>>>>>> :lol:

- you are correct in directing me to stick to what I know , I do not post any advice to the folks that huddle around there little air scorching stoves - I have no help for them, so I stick to what I know not what I "think".

Sometimes....

I "think" this is simple entertainment for me -- keeps me off focus of my 9 to 5 - 24/7. I don't expect everyone to deal well with that. Some will find solace in my sermons -- and some will not. Happens across the country every Sunday too. As a moderator - you have the tools to edit or delete as you wish. I found out a few posts ago -there is no democracy here. Love it or leave it or delete it (as I cannot) or move on.

OK -- point taken --- Ill go lay by my dish.

Kind Regards
Sting
Hi Sting,

You are mistaken, I am not a site moderator. I am a state moderator - big difference. I post events and happenings that are going on in the Northern VA region. That's the extent of my participation as a moderator. As you can tell by looking at the VA page, I'm not real active in doing that either. I can't edit or delete as I wish unless it's a posting of my own creation.

As you state there is no democracy here, we all abide by Richard's rules or we don't post. Part of following Richard's rules is not calling anyone a name, getting your facts right and treating everyone with a basic level of respect.
Sting wrote:I "think" this is simple entertainment for me -- keeps me off focus of my 9 to 5 - 24/7. I don't expect everyone to deal well with that. Some will find solace in my sermons -- and some will not. Happens across the country every Sunday too. As a moderator - you have the tools to edit or delete as you wish. I found out a few posts ago -there is no democracy here. Love it or leave it or delete it (as I cannot) or move on.Sting
I am sorry that you find this is "simple entertainment" and that you need something to divert your focus from your 9 to 5 - 24/7 and I definitely I wish I had known that before responding to your posting. That is a huge difference in how I see the forum. When I see a posting here asking a question or making a statement I treat it as a legitimate question and I try to answer it to the best of my knowledge as I'm sure the other forum members do. Running a coal applaince can be a dangerous undertaking for the uninformed. I don't pretend to know all the answers but I'm sure that some one on the forum will indeed have the answer. I find it a huge waste of those individual's time and effort when they respond to someone simple looking for "entertainment." What a waste! Fortunately, for me I now know how you view this forum and will place your postings in the appropriate file. Very Respectfully, Lisa

franco b
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Post by franco b » Fri. Sep. 24, 2010 8:32 pm

lowfog01 wrote:What a waste! Fortunately, for me I now know how you view this forum and will place your postings in the appropriate file. Very Respectfully, Lisa
You are a real asset to this forum. I find your posts informative and beautifully composed; even when you disagree with someone you manage to do it without giving offense, except this one time.

Sting is also an asset with a knowledge base that is probably without peer in this forum. His posts are often blunt and often funny. I grant you that his post could have been more tactful, but I think he was also correct in pointing out misinformation when he sees it.

This forum is a fun and informative place and I hate to see personal antagonism spoil it.

And now look what you have done. Sting is in the corner lying by his bowl again.

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Fri. Sep. 24, 2010 10:20 pm

It's often times not what is said, but; the way that it is said that makes the difference.

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Fri. Sep. 24, 2010 11:04 pm

wsherrick wrote:It's often times not what is said, but; the way that it is said that makes the difference.
Very true. I would not want anything to dampen your enthusiasm for posting about the stoves you love, as well as informing the rest of us.

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Sat. Sep. 25, 2010 1:17 am

franco b wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:What a waste! Fortunately, for me I now know how you view this forum and will place your postings in the appropriate file. Very Respectfully, Lisa
You are a real asset to this forum. I find your posts informative and beautifully composed; even when you disagree with someone you manage to do it without giving offense, except this one time.
I'm sorry that you feel I offended Sting or anyone. However, I find offense in being toyed with for "simple entertainment." Where is your indignation over that? At the risk of completely alienating you, do you find Sting so "blunt and so funny" that you are willing to accept his disrespect and tactlessness as par for the course? If as you say Sting has "a knowledge base that is probably without peer in this forum" what good does that do anyone if he can't convey the information to those who seek it through earnest questions? Tell me, how am I to tell the difference between solid information he is sharing or "simple entertainment" he is providing for himself? Unfortunately, there is no way to determine that consistently from post to post so I will stand by my position and will place his postings in the appropriate file. As wsherrick stated "It's often times not what is said, but; the way that it is said that makes the difference." I truly hope not to have further alienated you due to my position but I think this will have to be an issue we will have to agree to disagree on. Take care, Lisa

rockwood
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Lump and stoker + Blaschak-stove size

Post by rockwood » Sat. Sep. 25, 2010 10:18 am

Wood'nCoal wrote:I'd rather watch this:
Me too! I'd be right at home in the second video where the guy is working the coal screen plant. I screen/make my own stoker coal but obviously my little hand operated setup isn't near as big or good :(
Miners are funny, they're all the same no matter where you go. Back in Colorado, my best friends dad was a coal miner (nickname was pappy), my bro in law was a miner and guys I went to school with are to this day. ;)

franco b
Site Moderator

Post by franco b » Sat. Sep. 25, 2010 3:38 pm

lowfog01 wrote:I truly hope not to have further alienated you due to my position but I think this will have to be an issue we will have to agree to disagree on. Take care, Lisa
Lisa, I was only trying to be conciliatory between posters that I think have much to add to the forum. I love your precise thought and am grateful to you for better formulating my own political beliefs. You certainly do not alienate me since it is my own lack of talent in not making my own intent clearer.

wsherrick
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Base Heater, Crawford Base Heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Crawford Base Heater, Glenwood, Stanley Argand
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut, Stove Size

Post by wsherrick » Sat. Sep. 25, 2010 6:18 pm

franco b wrote:
wsherrick wrote:It's often times not what is said, but; the way that it is said that makes the difference.
Very true. I would not want anything to dampen your enthusiasm for posting about the stoves you love, as well as informing the rest of us.
It's a little too late for that. I know to most around here I am just the resident oddball who likes old stoves and old jazz music, and because of that nothing I have to say outside or even inside of that parameter has any real validity for the Status Quo anyway except for amusement purposes. So I just need to keep my place as one of the subordinates who, "huddle around their little air scorching stoves," and keep out the discussions of my betters around here.
I also know since I'm just an oddball that there is no need to worry if I was offended by the nature of what was said to me or not. It's more important to tolerate and, "understand," someone else's insults, arrogance and condescension just because he is who he is and I should have to take it because I am who I am and then still be enthusiastic about being a part of this Forum. Don't think so.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”