Fired up the New Chubby

DOUG

Post by DOUG » Mon. May. 17, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm not sure if they are the same size, but I would guess that the Chubby would be smaller.

I do like the look of the Glenwood base burner and would love to see one in action. I do have to admit after reading the great posts, that the Glenwood base burner is a stove that I wouldn't mind owning from all of the stoves that I've seen written about here on NEPA. I would like to see more detailed pictures of the Glenwood base burner, like the inside, grates, and fire, etc. I don't remember reading them, I could be wrong and wsherrick may have posted these pictures and I missed the post. wsherrick please direct me to the pictures or send me some. Thanks. From what I've read so far about the Glenwood, I'm intrigued and impressed. But I'm still having a hard time deviating from my little Chubby. It seems to be just the right size.

Salemcoal

Post by Salemcoal » Sun. May. 23, 2010 10:13 am

I have a Chubby sitting in the garage that I used for two years. it needs some attention . Taking offers upstate New York by Vermont border.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. May. 23, 2010 10:59 am

Link to Glenwood pics...
Glenwood Baseheater-Specs, Photos and Performance
Glenwood #6 is bigger...
Glenwood #8 is Much bigger...

g13nw00d-man

Post by g13nw00d-man » Fri. Oct. 07, 2011 10:06 am

Hello,
I know these posts are rather old but I had to put my two cents in. The reason you see the blue flames dancing when you open the secondary air is because you are adding enough air to burn off the hydrocarbon gas heated out of the coal. Also you may get a longer burn time out of your little stove with the secondary air open as it might cut the draft from air under the fire, slowing the burn. Try it..

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Fri. Oct. 07, 2011 11:32 am

Yes, opening the secondary air flaps on the sides of the stove will slow the burn down. I remember playing with the flaps on my stove when I had it in the beginning of last season.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”