Anybody Hear of E Z Flow, or Easy Flow Stove?

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Fri. Feb. 26, 2010 2:35 pm

Neighbor wants to put a stove in his pole barn. He mentioned the stove being called the "Easy Stove". Or "easy flow" stove. Or something on that order (Now I'm confusing myself). He said it's made by the Amish. I said oh, The HITZER "EZ-Flow". He said "No, it's not a HITZER. It cost less than the HITZER (about $900.00) I said "DS Machine stove"? He said "No, that wasn't it either". Supposed to be a new stove, made by the Amish. Anyone hear of such a stove??? He said Amish man in Jasper, NY has one in his shop.

woodyb

Post by woodyb » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 7:56 am

I know you said it wasn't a Hitzer, but they advertise their gravity fed hoppers as EZ-FLO.

oliver power
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 9:46 am

woodyb wrote:I know you said it wasn't a Hitzer, but they advertise their gravity fed hoppers as EZ-FLO.
He said this was a new stove being put out by the Amish. And it was quite a lot less money than the HITZER. He said the HITZER was around $1450.00, where as the new brand was $900.00. That's when I said DS Machine stove. He said no, it was EZ something, and is made in pennsylvania. A couple minutes later, he mentioned Ohio. So, I thought I'd ask other members if they'd heard anything of another new stove. With the lack of replies, I think he's looking at both, the HITZER, and the DS Machine stoves. And simply has the two mixed up a little. His pole barn has a second story. I suggested the HITZER #55 for heating the lower level. #82 for heating both. Seeing it's going in a shop, I also mentioned trying the DS Machine stove. I'm probably going to get slammed by the DS Machine stove owners for making that comment. Fact is; I don't have any experience with the DS Machine stove. Where as the HITZER's have prooven themselves to me. Any DS Machine owner's want to add pro's , con's, experiences?

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Love my DS Basement #4...
No fans, no noise...
The Stove Holds 175 lbs of coal...
Hopper fed, big ash pan, bi-metallic air control...

oliver power

Post by oliver power » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 8:15 pm

CapeCoaler wrote:Love my DS Basement #4...
No fans, no noise...
The Stove Holds 175 lbs of coal...
Hopper fed, big ash pan, bi-metallic air control...
Hi CapeCoaler , You probably mentioned this on another post but, What is the area you are heating? Also, where did you purchase your DS Machine stove, and how much did you pay for it? Not trying to be nosey here. Just doing comparisons.

Paisan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. 1600 Circulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut&pea

Post by Paisan » Sat. Feb. 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Hello,
I also heat my house with a DS. The DS rocks! Great price and great unit. Hopper fed, no fans, ash pan sits on one inch rails. That's nice! I looked at them all and was sold on DS. I have the DS Circulator.

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 12:03 am

Just shy of 1000 sq ft first floor plus basement of same size...
1950's cottage down by the sound...
Ceiling insulation good, wall insulation none, drafty yes, but a great location...
The problem is when it is windy and cold...
The Harman Mark II could not keep up with the heat loss, it would drop to the 60's inside when it was windy and 20* outside...
The Basement #4 keeps it toasty warm in all weather...
Picked it up in Gordonville, PA at the shop...
Newstyle with glass and hopper, just over $1300...
Have the racing red paint job...
The Basement #4 is rated 130,000 BTU hr...
Stove front at 450* after the baro 125*...
I do like the rails for the ash pan plus the deflector so the ash goes in the pan, unlike the Mark II...

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 7:28 am

An Amish store near me carries the coal EZ, the man said that these people who make them used to work for Hitzer. They seem to be made as well or better & priced in the same neighborhood, maybe slightly less. The two models that I know of are the EZ-50 that holds 70#, will heat up to 1,500sq.ft. & burns aLB/min. The EZ-100 holds 120# will heat up to 2,500sq.ft. & also a lb/min. The flyer says its important to buy the right size stove so theres probably not too much in the way of controlling the burn when you don`t require much heat.

cokehead

Post by cokehead » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 7:56 am

http://amishfurnituregazette.com/ The quote below came from an article in the link. It had pictures at the link but they did not copy in the quote.

"What “Coal-EZ: Users Say —
We used to burn regular lump coal in our shop. Too much time was spent stoking the stove and carrying the ashes. With the COAL-EZ, considerably less time is spent stoking and firing. We also find the stove burns more efficiently than our older stove. The COAL-EZ can really put out the heat. With less time spent firing, etc., we gain in production, which is certainly a benefit.

New Concept:
The specially designed internal hopper is gravity fed, requires no auger, no electricity, no fuss, and is maintenance free. With the controlled draft and even heat, there is actually no need for a blower. Comparison in performance and looks greatly exceeds the old concept coal stove.

Glass Insert:
An 8” x 10” glass insert door is available for those who wish to relax and watch the fire.

Gasket Doors:
Both the top load door (for nut coal) and the front door (for stoking or burning wood) have fiberglass gasket for an optimum airtight seal.

The Black Porcelain Cabinet: Shipped separately and easily mounted at place of use. If the cabinet is not needed now, it can be ordered and mounted later.

MODEL EZ-50: Will hold up to 70 pounds of coal; heat up to 1,500 square feet (or the average American home); burns up to 48 hours on 48 pounds of coal.

MODEL EZ-100: Will hold up to 120 pounds of coal and is designed to heat up to 2,500 square feet or larger homes, garages and shops. This model will burn up to 72 hours on 72 pounds of anthracite coal.

Options and other features: Standard features include large ash pan, heavy-duty latches, cold hand spring handles and high heat black coating. There are two sized models. (Important: Buy the correct size needed.) The front load door comes with or without the glass insert and with or without the high gloss cabinet.

Coal Heater Open
Coal Heater
Open Fire Box
Coal Heater Blower

Coal Heater Hopper
Powered Coal Heater
Coal Heater Ducts

To avoid personal injury or property damage, the product described must be installed, operated and maintained in strict compliance with the instructions packaged with the product and all applicable building or fire codes. Contact local building or fire officials about restrictions and installation inspection requirements."

rji68
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer

Post by rji68 » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 2:00 pm

I have a Amish guy in our area that sells these stoves but if I remember right the tag on the stove says EZ-Coal. He told me they do not have a UL certified stamp on them. In his words he said "most english stay away from them, because your home owners insurance company wouldn't accept this stove"

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 3:57 pm

rji68 wrote:... they do not have a UL certified stamp on them ...
Yes, the web site above has a notice near the end warning that they have not been "independently tested".

oliver power

Post by oliver power » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 4:02 pm

rberq wrote:
rji68 wrote:... they do not have a UL certified stamp on them ...
Yes, the web site above has a notice near the end warning that they have not been "independently tested".
I kind of forget, isn't UL for electric? Or is it for everything?

rji68
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer

Post by rji68 » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 4:07 pm

I think UL tests all kinds of devices not sure if electric has anything to do with it or not. My old Riteway 37 from the 70's has a tag on it, and I have no electric parts hooked up to it.

oliver power

Post by oliver power » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 6:01 pm

rji68 wrote:I think UL tests all kinds of devices not sure if electric has anything to do with it or not. My old Riteway 37 from the 70's has a tag on it, and I have no electric parts hooked up to it.
I remember years ago, while in shop class, we were putting electrical cords on some kind of gaget we rigged up. We had to put what was called an "underwriters knot" in the electrical cord. I assumed underwriters labritories was for electrical appliances. I notice the little tag on the electrical cords. Maybe UL tests many things. Seems as if I should have known that. Maybe I did, but forgot. Now-a-days, I pay more attention to where the product is made. Like "Made In China".

pyma

Post by pyma » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 7:11 pm

I have one of the stoves. Bought it from the Amish. Stove is designed ery much like the Hitzer ez flow. Ashland coal-ez, the make two sizes just like the ez flow. The tag says Schrocks stove shop, Ashland Ohio. I love the stove.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”