Anybody Hear of E Z Flow, or Easy Flow Stove?

dlj
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Post by dlj » Sun. Feb. 28, 2010 8:32 pm

oliver power wrote:
rberq wrote: Yes, the web site above has a notice near the end warning that they have not been "independently tested".
I kind of forget, isn't UL for electric? Or is it for everything?
UL does just about everything. It does a lot when it comes to fire ratings...

dj

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Wed. Mar. 03, 2010 10:14 pm

By the way, "COAL EZ" is what the neighbor was saying.

BCoyle

Post by BCoyle » Sun. Feb. 06, 2011 4:45 pm

We have an EZ Coal - EZ100 - made by Schrocks Stove Shop in Ashland, OH. I absolutely hate it. We started out with a Hitzer and I would rather shake and clean the Hitzer twice a day than deal with this monstrosity once every day or two. It is incredibly difficult to shake down,a big consideration if you have joint or arthritis problems, and currently we have not been able to shake it down for 3 days as the shaker mechanism is stuck in place and we now have to wait for the coals to burn out completely before we can tear it apart and fix it.

I would seriosuly reconsider purchasing one of these as the money you save is not worth the aggravation of owning an EZ Coal.

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Feb. 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Bcoyle, when you find out what was jamming the grates, let us know.. just post on this thread..

If it is a piece of rock or shale/slate from the coal, well you can't blame the stove or shaker mechanism..
but if the shaker mechanism doesn't have enough mechanical leverage, and is poorly designed please let us know,

And of course talk to the manufacterers,, maybe they can modify your stove to work better for you..

Greg L.

pyma

Post by pyma » Sun. Feb. 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Bcoyle,I have the ez-flow 50, and once in a while it will be tough to shake down but it is always unburnt blockage that causes the problem. The stove has been fanastic. I would think it was shale or rock that is causing you problem, the grates seem to grind up ash very well for me.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”