A Different Vigilant II Coal Stove

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Mon. May. 21, 2012 10:54 am

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:Looks beautiful. It will be a good stove for someone as it never ran hard with the smaller firebox installed. Probably no harder than a Resolute would have run at designed max. Just guessing but I don't think I'm too far off. What do you think?
VigllPB,
you got it. In fact the Vigll never got overfired for shure :lol: The average temp. was more in the 400*/450*F. But these stoves can run on a steady 500*-650*F without any problem. Once again, the sides base back (SBB for the V2 pros), the swing out ash pan and lid, top load or front, thermostat control...are among the best things to get on an anthracite stove.
I still imagine the grates having a sort of rake under it and moving on with a cam link connected to the grate system. In fact it would do about the same as the slicing job but at the same time of the regular shaking. Maybe in an other life :!:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Fri. Oct. 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi, after a ""nice"" 4 Yrs with the Vigilant ll, the separation is done now. The guy came this PM to pick-up the stove. Honestly I was a little sad to see that stove going out of the house. I learned so much with it and got a good result to heat the house. If the Antique Virus was not in me, the V2 would be in it's alcove for the rest of my life.
I will always remember the first fires in it. First fires are something we never forget.
Good luck to all the V2 owners.

Attachments

DSC04672.JPG
.JPG | 119.1KB | DSC04672.JPG
DSC05038.JPG
.JPG | 71.4KB | DSC05038.JPG
DSC05258.JPG
.JPG | 127.5KB | DSC05258.JPG

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Fri. Oct. 05, 2012 9:37 pm

I'll miss it with you :| Of course, I'll enjoy your antique bug nearly as much ;)

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Fri. Oct. 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Vig ll, I don't know if it's the same for any kind of stove for everybody but for me a stove is a very good "friend" in a home, especially during these long Winter months :)
Take care.

SteveZee
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glenwood Modern Oak 116 & Glenwood 208 C Range

Post by SteveZee » Sat. Oct. 06, 2012 8:09 am

That's a very lucky new owner of your "first gal" (hope you wife doesn't read this Pierre :D . He's getting a well cared for and excellent operating "custom" VigII. She will be missed. :cry2:

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sat. Oct. 06, 2012 11:10 am

Steve, no my ""Bride"" doesn't come to the forum.
One thing is shure, the guy who got the Vig ll will have a good and strong stove. One plus is if he gets some questions about the stove and some ""modif possibilities"", ant burning or else, he will have someone to help him. Plus the forum is open for him, I hope he will come to the forum and meet a lot of friends. He told me yesterday that he already saw the Vig ll videos so he is already knows his new stove :!:

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat. Oct. 06, 2012 3:32 pm

I am sure it was a sad day to your Vigilant go down the road to its new owner Pierre but you have replaced it with something you are REALLY INTO..and will perform better..and your Moded out Vig. will serve its new owner well!...so you should feel proud to be sendin her off knowin she is a GREAT HEATING DEVICE and not a pc. a crap you will feel bad for sellin later on.
You have Upgraded and the purchaser has upgraded also so no matter what ..so its a WIN/WIN.
Tim

nortcan

Post by nortcan » Sat. Oct. 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Tim, you'r right, the owner will have a strong and good stove. He was heating with an oil stove so the change to ant will be a great one for him :idea:
You know now that the stove is gone many buyers knock at the door....

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”