Any Info on Coal Stove - Classic Lion 076-16

jkenny311

Post by jkenny311 » Sat. Feb. 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Anyone out there have any info on my coal stove? My house has a Classic Lion Coal Heater 076-16.

I have a primitive 2 page manual written in very broken English so I assume it was manufactured overseas. I believe it was installed in the 80's according to the CO for the flue installation.

Attachments

ClassicLionCoalStove.JPG

Pic of my stove.

.JPG | 53KB | ClassicLionCoalStove.JPG

jr2858

Post by jr2858 » Sat. Feb. 24, 2007 9:05 am

I just picked 1 up at a sale. Ihave no paperwork or any info. Called numerous coal stove stores never heard of this stove. Are you using the stove and hows it working 4 u. Would it be possible to make copies of the paperwork you have and mail them to me, I pay all cost. The 1 thing I was told that it was made in France , don't if true.
Thanks Jon

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sat. Feb. 24, 2007 10:28 am

Hello jk, and jr, welcome to the forum.

The 'roof' heat shield or radiator surface makes this stove look like one of the Surdiac models. You can do a search for 'surdiac' and you may find some info.

For general help, take a couple more photos of the doors, the air controls on the doors or the stove body, the firebox and ashpan. This way we can get an idea of the way it is designed and be able to help you with it.

In general, get a good hot wood fire going, slowly add coal to the wood fire, untill you have a full bed of burning coal. Then add as much coal as you can, the deeper the bed of coal the better.

Shut off all air that goes above the fire, this air is for burning wood, open the air vent that feeds air under the coal grate. Adjust your heat ouput with this under-grate air.

Hope this helps, Greg L

JiminBucks

Post by JiminBucks » Tue. Oct. 23, 2007 11:34 am

I have one of those Lion's , same as the "Ambassor", it's from Belgion I believe, made by EFFEL.. I need to dig up the manuels, I have. Jim

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Oct. 23, 2007 5:16 pm

It looks alot like a Franco Belge but with a hood on it or one of these aswell as a Surdiac to
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”