Alaska Kodiaks,Old and New

mkline
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak x 2...Old and New
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove/Anthracite

Post by mkline » Tue. Dec. 08, 2009 10:03 pm

These are my Kodiaks that are keeping me real warm,but better yet my wife is finally warm :D .I bought the New Kodiak this September and the old one towards the end of November.

That old Kodiak really pumps out the heat.I have a firebox reducer in it covering 1/3 of the grates.The fire box is about 28" deep.I'm in the process of building a heat shield around it then mounting my blower to it.I think I'm going to take the T with the baro and switch it with the elbow at the thimble.The baro does do the job where I have it though.We still have to sleep with a box fan on us with the window open.I never imagined this old house could be so warm :shock: .

Mike

joedapro

Post by joedapro » Thu. Dec. 10, 2009 5:18 pm

i just bought a new kodiak like yours in the lower picture. I have not run it yet as I am still trying to fund the chimney.it seems the chimney will cost twice as much as the stove before installation. are you happy with your new kodiak? any quirks or tips I should know about?

mkline
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak x 2...Old and New
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove/Anthracite

Post by mkline » Fri. Dec. 11, 2009 12:22 am

I'm real happy with mine joedapro.It's in the teens outside right now but I'm sitting in my house with nothing but shorts on and with a window open about a foot.Of course I have both stoves going and it's 86* downstairs and 82 throughout the upstairs.As for quirks and tips,here's a post from a few days ago.

Alaska Kodiak Opinions Wanted

Mike

joedapro

Post by joedapro » Sat. Dec. 19, 2009 12:09 pm

mike
thanks for the info.
joe

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”