Question for Hitzer 50-93 Owners.

Don_t_Say

Post by Don_t_Say » Sat. Nov. 28, 2009 12:12 am

When I got my 50-93 the chain from the themostat to the little gate was unhooked, so I just took a guess and hooked it back. If someone could give me a measurement of the distance from the gate to the hook, I could make mine the same as it was from the factory. Then I could relate to others settings.

My wife and I love this stove, it's one of my best purchases. Fired it up November 5th and my furnace hasn't been on since. This is my first year burning coal and I must say I couldn't have done it without all the guys and gals @ NEPA Crossroads. I owe you all a lot of thanks! :)

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sat. Nov. 28, 2009 5:53 am

I'm not familiar with your stove, but I am with bi-metal air controls. The length of the chain will make no difference, other than where the lever points. If you have a dial that goes from one to ten, when the stove is warm and happy, set the chain so it shows "5".

JRH
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Nut

Post by JRH » Sat. Nov. 28, 2009 7:43 am

I just checked mine. It is at 18 from the loose end. Hope this helps it's a great stove.
Jim :)

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sat. Nov. 28, 2009 8:26 am

I retrofitted the Hitzer controls to my Harman stove, so the measurements won't be identical. But I adjusted the chain by waiting for the stove to reach its minimum burn temperature of about 175 degrees, set the thermostat dial on 2, then hooked the chain so the intake door was just barely opening. A single bead on the chain can make a significant difference.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Sat. Nov. 28, 2009 6:37 pm

These are my setting from the factory. From the loose end of chain, to the chain ajustment hook = 25 beads. From the gate (where chain connects), I hooked my tape measurer on the bottom of the little clip the chain goes into. From that point, to where the chain bead sets into the hook, it is exactly 12 inches.

Don_t_Say

Post by Don_t_Say » Sun. Nov. 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Thanks for info guys, that will help alot. :)

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”