Hitzer 30-95 Draft

Homer+1
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S Machine, Harman
Coal Size/Type: Stove & Nut

Post by Homer+1 » Mon. Nov. 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi, Just installed a hitzer 30-95 and was wondering about the bi-metallic draft at room tempature the draft does not open at all till it gets turned up to number 4? Was just wondering if a person needs to set it at a 1/8" open on low with stove out? Or if you just leave as it come from the factory. Thanks Jim :idea:

duck
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30 95

Post by duck » Mon. Nov. 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Jim,
Best bet for you would be to give Hitzer a call and ask about the settings so you'll hear it from "the horses mouth". Our new Hilzer was delivered earlier this year and I had to hookup the chain and make the adjustment. Just want to be sure the bimetalic closes the door and shuts off the air before the stove over heats, the told me the numbers do not have any reference to actual temperatures.

oliver power
Stoker Coal Boiler: KEYSTOKER Kaa-2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & 30-95, Vigilant (pre-2310), D.S. 1600 Circulator, Hitzer 254

Post by oliver power » Mon. Nov. 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Homer+1 wrote:Hi, Just installed a hitzer 30-95 and was wondering about the bi-metallic draft at room tempature the draft does not open at all till it gets turned up to number 4? Was just wondering if a person needs to set it at a 1/8" open on low with stove out? Or if you just leave as it come from the factory. Thanks Jim :idea:
My 30-95 is around 23 or 25 chain beads from the back flapper door. I counted them one time. The count is somewhere in the archives on this site.

Return to “Hand Fired Coal Stoves & Furnaces Using Anthracite”